• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    It seems Mossberg used to sell these. The reason I ask is because I have a few boxes of 16 ga slugs to shoot. I could sell the ammo or buy a barrel and I know which one is more fun.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    What kind of slugs are they and what kind of barrel do you have now? You may not need a special barrel just to do a little blasting.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I like 16ga. Back in the day, my first Two shotguns were 16ga . Back then , 16ga was more common than 28ga .

One of the Ones that Got Away that haunt me was a nice Ithaca Deerslayer in 16ga .

But that was then, this is now .

The question to ask yourself is are you a 16ga collector/ True Believer , or do you just want to use up the couple boxes of 16ga slugs ?

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have a 16 gauge shot gun and was ready to get rid of it as it never got used. Then we had an ammo shortage and all I could find was less popular ammo...like 16 gauge.

That's something to consider and you can't have too many gun options. Keep it and find another barrel. The search is part of the fun.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    It seems Mossberg used to sell these. The reason I ask is because I have a few boxes of 16 ga slugs to shoot. I could sell the ammo or buy a barrel and I know which one is more fun.

Was this barrel intended to go on a receiver originally made for 12 or 20?
    Otherwise, did they make a dedicated 16?

blackcrow

Jun 18, 2012
    16ga. slugs

Hi, I would be interested in the slugs. I also would be interested in a 16 slug gun. Can we get more info on slugs, brand, rifled or sabot?

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    here we go

What kind of slugs are they and what kind of barrel do you have now? You may not need a special barrel just to do a little blasting.

Winchester Super X Hollow Point rifled slugs

Was this barrel intended to go on a receiver originally made for 12 or 20?
    Otherwise, did they make a dedicated 16?

The Mossberg 500 I have is a 12 gauge. I was assuming that I could just put a 16 gauge barrel on it. That is a bit of an assumption, isn't it.

slugs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom