• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I moved my refinished stock (Spare stock from AIM refinished to be durable) to my 41Iz and finally put the Pre-War Stock onto my 31 Hex. I've been trying to get the 41Iz sights all adjusted for Surplus and ran out of a batch of Surplus and opened a new TIN. Had to adjust the sights for it and some of the bundles seem to differ. I'm fighting my own impatience with letting the barrel cool down while still getting some shooting in before work. I think I just need to bring more rifles to the Range. I seem to get nice groups till the barrel heats after 10 rounds or the action screws come loose (Still working this out). But I'm trying to get a repeatable routine down. My goal with this mosin was to shoot 10 shots into a 5 1/2" target at 100 yards consistently with maybe a flyer or two. Today I got one nice group which was shots 5-9 with the first 4 to figure out my rear sight leaf was sticking up some making me shoot too high. I also let the gun cool down and then shot some reloads.

I don't know where the Mosin Sharp shooters hang out but I'd like to know how long people are waiting between shots to let the barrel cool down.

This has the smith-sights method of accurizing with brass shims and gasket on the barrel front top/bottom.

1st pic is Surplus 3 mins between shots
    2nd pic is Reloads 3 mins between shots
    3rd pic is Surplus 6 shots within 30 seconds

All fixed sights with a Tall front Post.

Attachments

• Iz41Surplus.jpg
      Iz41Surplus.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 204
    • IzReloads5.jpg
      IzReloads5.jpg
      49.9 KB · Views: 204
    • Iz41SurplusFast.jpg
      Iz41SurplusFast.jpg
      39.3 KB · Views: 208

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    Nice groups, especially with two of them being surplus, I wouldn't have expected it to perform that well. These were at 100 I am assuming since that's your goal?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yes, all 3 at 100yds.
    Middle picture is reloads BTW, tuned to my PU Sniper.
    I"m going to have to bring more rifles to shoot and may be shoot 5 shots with a 30 minute interval in between.

I have a Hex 31 that I've been wanting to do the same thing but with the Low Recoil Czhech ammo. My 11 year old does not like the heavy recoil. My 14 year old relishes it and won't wear my limb saver pad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom