• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddog823

Oct 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. I am interested in purchasing a Mosin Nagant and was curious if shops out there had some in stock? I have seen them at Gun Shows and was planning on heading out to Harrisburg this coming weekend to look for one. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I purchased a laminated-stock 91/30 from Shooters Discount at a Gun Show this past Summer. Gun Shows are a great place because you can look over quite a few to see which one you like.

My buddy has the M44 Carbine version with the folding bayonet. It seems to have more recoil and less accuracy. YMMV.

I bet if you placed a post in the Industry Partners forum, if somebody had them in stock you'd probably get a quick reply.

They are a little punishing to shoot. After about 20 rounds, I start to anticipate the recoil and my accuracy tanks from there. That's how I know it's time to put it back in the case.

Here is how my 91/30 shot at 100 yards with iron sights...

20120629_100yrds_147gr.jpg

Guess which round is from the Mosin-Nagant...

lineup.jpg

Cheers!

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Check out Shooter's Discount, in the Industry Partners area of this forum.

He almost always has M91/30's in stock.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Using light ball (147 gr?), I don't find the recoil to be that bad. I haven't looked terribly hard, but most light ball seems to be FMJ mil-surp.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    Using light ball (147 gr?), I don't find the recoil to be that bad. I haven't looked terribly hard, but most light ball seems to be FMJ mil-surp.

That's the ammo I use so I must be a cupcake. I could shoot my AR all day, but after 20 rounds with my 91/30, I'm done.

Sirex