• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Morakniv Carbon Steel Fixed-Blade Bushcraft Survival Knife with Sheath and Fire Starter, Black, 4.3 Inch https://a.co/d/73AGaaM
    This one has been legit great in the years I've had it. I have started a campfire with it for giggles a f-ton of times and it excels at the task.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I have somewhere between 7 and 14 of those floating around at any given moment. The stainless models I keep on the boat and they hold up better than any other knife I've used. Don't rust in the salt and stay sharp a long time. I've batoned wood with others and butchered deer with others. The edge can be tricky to resharpen without rebeveling since it's a dual bevel scandi but they hold an edge for a long time. They're your best knife per dollar for sure and not made in China which is a plus.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I always buy stainless maraknivs with the orange handle. They sharpen up nice and you can always find where you put it down in the leaves.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    These things are awesome, in think I might have a dozen or so. Great bang for the buck

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Those are great knives. The sheath is just about perfect too.

I’ve got several iterations. The most used is an orange handled stainless serrated for stuff around the yard.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a couple rj1974 got me. He’s a knife aficionado and loves them. Mine have been great.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I love mora knives. It’s all I’ve used for the pass several years for dressing deer. Cheap enough that I keep a few around everywhere. in the vehicles, boat, garage, camper even in the kitchen. The scandi grind isn’t the best for slicing, but for everything else it works pretty good. Easy to clean and keep sharp. Unlike most people I prefer the carbon steel blades, except for the one on the boat. Carbon blades are just easier to sharpen.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Got one and it's been solid. No frills, just solid. Not worried if it gets lost or damaged, inexpensive to replace.

Q

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I've had several of those exact ones, paid $10 for em. They have a great, easy to sharpen scandi grind, great edge retention, handles don't slip. Sheath sucks, no if ands or buts. Will retain moisture, belt clip stinks, grabs a lot of the handle making it difficult to get a grip on when wet; however, retention on the sheath is great.

Coincidentally they are extremely light and can be packed as a fixed blade for backpacking.

They are fantastic for the price, my favorite throwaway knife. Not the sturdiest handle to blade connection but if you don't abuse it, it won't break.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have both a Companion and a Companion HD. The HD is a bit more robust and well worth the few extra dollars. Moras are great knives and incredibly easy to sharpen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom