• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    He's Federal Judge, a lifetime appointment. He doesn't take orders from anyone and is hard to censure, let alone fire. Even if he wanted to move up echelon to a CA or SCOTUS, that requires Congressional and WH ass kissing, nothing to do with MGA or the MD branch of the Dem Party.

That said, he may be waiting for CA decisions in 2 & 3CA on cases over NY & NJ laws with similar restrictions. He might not want to issue the PI, but at the same time not be the decision that is the first to make it in front of SCOTUS to get smacked.
    He might not "take orders" from SCOTUS, but he does answer to them.....

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I mean, technically they're supposed to answer to us... but they've managed to rig that system.
    I've come to accept disenfranchisement, both in MD and nationally. There's really no place for people like me in either party anymore. I just won't go around constantly angry at, or afraid of, the world, as both parties seem to want me to be now. It's a vitriolic Pepsi vs Coke battle, when I just want to have a beer and relax.

Last edited:

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    I've come to accept disenfranchisement, both in MD and nationally. There's really no place for people like me in either party anymore. I just won't go around constantly angry at, or afraid of, the world, as both parties seem to want me to be now. It's a vitriolic Pepsi vs Coke battle, when I just want to have a beer and relax.
    Yea I hear you... doesn't mean I like it! lol

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In other words you're more liberty-minded than tyranny-minded. Which means you're more of a constitutional originalist than a "living-document-ist," which means whether you like it or not, you're in the camp that - through the necessary recipe of both legislative and executive dominance - leans towards seating judges and justices of that ilk. And there's only one party that generally makes its choices in that way. You don't have to like the personalities or other additional policy priorities reflected in every aspect of, choice, or action of that party. But if you want that "leave me alone, I want to enjoy my beer" atmosphere to be supported rather than crushed, you've got one real life choice.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    He might not "take orders" from SCOTUS, but he does answer to them.....
    "Judge?... Justice Thomas for you on Line 1."

clarence-thomas-clarence-thomas-laugh.gif

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    There goes Monday "close of business" with no ruling issued.

Guess the Judge had a relaxing weekend.

This is shameful. I hope someone is able to tell that to the Judge at some point.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Probably not a good idea to start calling his office about this, no matter how satisfying it might feel.
    Most definitely agreed.
    Don’t poke the bear folks
    Yup. This Judge is the kind of person who hopes one of us does something stupid.
    That's probably a very bad idea.

Not only for the person that calls but also for our movement.
    100% agreed.
    It's a terrible idea.
    It certainly is.
    so i shouldnt call and ask if his refrigerator is running?
    Haha. No.

I hope he gets told off, overturned and embarrassed by a higher Court at some point. One can dream.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "">March 28, 2023</a></blockquote>

Is moco waking up the judge from his slumber?

Mark submitted a great reply brief here.

It seems like the Judge is stalling so that he can try to rely on other established precedent favorable to MoCo which he hopes develops somehow.

This has become a travesty of Justice. Bruen made it very clear that regulations like this are unconstitutional on their face.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    Mark submitted a great reply brief here.

It seems like the Judge is stalling so that he can try to rely on other established precedent favorable to MoCo which he hopes develops somehow.

This has become a travesty of Justice. Bruen made it very clear that regulations like this are unconstitutional on their face.

He has 47 more pages to read. That might take at least a few months...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here are pdf’s if you don’t hate them

Attachments

• Response to supp authorities as filed.pdf
      128.2 KB · Views: 66
    • Defendant supp.authorities notice.pdf
      715.2 KB · Views: 61

Users who are viewing this thread