• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    You can't even go to court to ask for a TRO and PI until the law actually takes effect, because until then you don't have standing to sue. So while we may get a TRO in the first few weeks of October, there will be some time where the law is in effect.
    I realized that my post was a bit too open to interpretation, but was too lazy to come back to edit it. I meant hopefully we'll have a PI on 21-22e by October. ;-)

But also hopefully with 6 months of lead time SB1 can be blocked before going into effect.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    somebody wake the judge up from his slumber. We're going on 38 days tomorrow since the last trial.

I'm sure the "we won't be enforcing it" that was spewed must make him believe there is no urgency even though he says he understands the urgency

Will judge see his shadow for another 6 more weeks of tyranny?

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Abagnale are you donating funds to us that may not be able to afford to just pick up and relocate out of Maryland?

Perhaps everyone does not have the financial or will to cut family ties to just “ give up and leave”.
    Happy you could/ did but not everyone can will or is able.
    Just a thought my friend

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I admire the effort to get this repealed but I hate to say this for the 1000th time.... Maryland is a lost cause! Listen to me very carefully... Cut your losses and get outta there while you still can!
    Glad you are somewhere free, and not facing this awfulness. But it will come to your door. Maybe not today or today or tomorrow, but the statists will not stop in Maryland.

I choose to stay here and fight while I still have breath and treasure to do so.

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    Glad you are somewhere free, and not facing this awfulness. But it will come to your door. Maybe not today or today or tomorrow, but the statists will not stop in Maryland.

I choose to stay here and fight while I still have breath and treasure to do so.
    You see but that's where you are wrong.....
    And I'll still continue to carry in Monkey County regardless of what these idiots pass!

Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    Abagnale are you donating funds to us that may not be able to afford to just pick up and relocate out of Maryland?

Perhaps everyone does not have the financial or will to cut family ties to just “ give up and leave”.
    Happy you could/ did but not everyone can will or is able.
    Just a thought my friend
    If you do the math it's actually cheaper for you to leave the state of Maryland and go to freer / greener pastures.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I love it when people read to respond instead of read to understand...Especially those that have moved out of state and don't fight anymore.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    If you do the math it's actually cheaper for you to leave the state of Maryland and go to freer / greener pastures.

The math is different for different people. My kids are at in state college... Saves me around $15-20k per kid. Hard to leave the state and lose 30-40k (a year) + moving costs + extra travel + etc...

Glad you could just get up and leave, don't assume everyone else has that ability.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Not always so.... I've had meetings with a tax advisor and a financial advisor and making another one with someone who specializes in real-estate sales just to try and get a plan together so that I don't get torally a$$raped on the way out... feels like I'm in the Hotel California. It is likely going to cost me several hundred thousand to escape.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For many people in certain lines of work, the beltway zone IS the mandatory greener pasture. It’s a lot less $green if you have to do a three hour round trip commute.

I have key clients of twenty+ years in this area. It’s not as simple as just leaving. Spending thousands more in travel and precious time than you save in taxes or even housing costs isn’t a solution to a constitutional problem.

I’d rather give money to MSI than Exxon under the circumstances.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    You can't even go to court to ask for a TRO and PI until the law actually takes effect, because until then you don't have standing to sue. So while we may get a TRO in the first few weeks of October, there will be some time where the law is in effect.
    I'm sure there is nuance my brain doesn't get, but I find some of this "standing" BS to be just that. If a bill becomes LAW, standing should apply then. There is no way a law between March/April and Oct will magically go away, so the subjects of the realm should have a way to stop it before it does any harm.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I'm sure there is nuance my brain doesn't get, but I find some of this "standing" BS to be just that. If a bill becomes LAW, standing should apply then. There is no way a law between March/April and Oct will magically go away, so the subjects of the realm should have a way to stop it before it does any harm.

yep, makes to much sense to be true.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    somebody wake the judge up from his slumber. We're going on 38 days tomorrow since the last trial.

I'm sure the "we won't be enforcing it" that was spewed must make him believe there is no urgency even though he says he understands the urgency

Will judge see his shadow for another 6 more weeks of tyranny?
    How about a Haiku contest while we wait?:

Protecting our rights.

Weeks go by after the fight.

Judge must get it right.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I view her yes vote as strategic, she was preserving her influence for the purpose of making friendly floor amendments.
    I watched that. It was painful. She clearly is either naive or just plain stupid. No way a Republican amendment even sniffs a chance at being considered. She is delusional if she thinks so.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Benchmarking stupid here (out of Santa Monica, CA)... I sure wish we could catch one of the MoCo Council Clowns doing something on this level:

h/t @MD_Shall_Issue

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    *****This. Happening in King Farm, Park Potomac, Downtown Crown, etc.. Much of this is discussed in our NextDoor app with liberals blaming society for the most part, along with housing being so expensive in our area so economically disadvantaged people can’t live here, and more conservative folks just shaking their heads in disbelief that these people not only vote, but vote for bringing in even more MPDU and Section 8 housing into well to do areas.

I earn a decent living so I can stay away from the ghetto, and do gooder types who also earn a decent living vote for more folks in vastly lower economic classes to come live here in subsidized or public housing and are incredulous when nuisance crimes and property crime go up, along with littering and now even violent crime.

Bunch of dummies.
    I work for the county, I make a good wage, if I lived anywhere else. According to Govsalaries; in 2020 I made $74,759. A sizeable sum in many places. According to that data? I was 12% lower than average salary and 8% lower than median salary in MoCo.

Take that for what it's worth.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    There's not much left of the cake we've been compromising over since the 1930s, to mention only one of the possible areas of compromise.

There's been a steady stream, if not a firehose full of regulation and legislation that has forced the opinions of the few to become the mandates for the many. It coverss nearly every facet of out existence, and removes most of the valid choices that made us free.

Sadly, it also has a heavy impact on economic matters, as control of choices, taken out of the hands of the public, creates excess costs for the "choices" that the government commands.

You want internal combustion engines? They're going away, by governmental fiat. You want a toilet that works on the first flush? Environmentally unsound, Flush three times instead. You want a car without mandatory airbags, mandatory computer controls, mandatory tire pressure sensors? Forget it; you're not deemed capable of driving safely, you're not allowed to "waste" gasoline, even if you wish to pay the excess costs.

Governments are composed of people who, on the whole, are no smarter than you. Bear in mind, too, that half the population, and half the government, is by definition below average. The difference is that they have the upper hand, and believe that makes them both better than you, and at the same time permitted to make your choices for you.

I don't see that getting any better in the near future; in fact, it seems to be stuck into accelerating toward "worse" at an ever-increasing pace.

The operative question is whether it's better to wait for the inevitable totally destructive crash, or to shove a stick into the spokes and bring it to a halt before it goes so fast that the wreckage will be less than total.
    Yeah I hear you. But much of what you mentioned? Also impacts everyone else around you in society in the short or long term.

Should government control things that have impacts on others around you. We have the clean air act, clean water act, etc. All because no, people and corporations composed of and run by people, couldn't be trusted to do the right thing. They proved that on those questions.

We decided to write into the bill of rights, a right to keep and bear arms. That this right was more important than the general safety of society. That whether or not we are safer as a society to have access to guns, was not as important as the right to keep in bear arms. The question doesn't matter, because right after founding the country, we decided that the right was more important than answering questions like is it better this or that. It is. I believe we are safer with that right, but my belief doesn't matter. It's a right.

We didn't write into the bill of rights that you have the right to pollute as much as you want. Or drive unsafe vehicles. Or act in a reckless manner. Or leave your property as a garbage dump. Or blast music in the middle of the night disturbing your neighbors, Etc.

I want to be left alone by the government. A lot. But I also don't want my neighbor dumping motor oil in the creek. Nor do I want them blasting loud music that the entire neighborhood can hear clearly at 2am.

If all adults were responsible people, it wouldn't be a question. We could live in a utopian society with no rules. No government. We'd all just do the right thing. I've never met that society or large group of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom