• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    You guys think a county prosecuter is eyeing you like a trophy buck standing broadside at 15 yards? We're not anything special.

Your defensive shooting case will be handled like any other. They're not slapping murderers, home invaders, and car jackers so don't start crying in the detectives office.

Theres more evidence proving theyre not prosecuting this law than your guys worry of they will.

So leave the pistol at home along with your tin foil hats

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    You guys think a county prosecuter is eyeing you like a trophy buck standing broadside at 15 yards? We're not anything special.

Your defensive shooting case will be handled like any other. They're not slapping murderers, home invaders, and car jackers so don't start crying in the detectives office.

Theres more evidence proving theyre not prosecuting this law than your guys worry of they will.

Or I've simply weighed the risk of getting attacked vs the penalty of up to a total of 3.5 years in prison and a lifetime disqualification to own a gun if I run into an anti cop.

Is it likely I'm going to get arrested? No. Is it likely I'm going to get mugged? No. The likely consequence to getting mugged is losing $40 and maybe my phone, though (also nothing stops me from carrying pepper spray and using it if the situation is appropriate). The likely consequence of getting arrested is, at minimum, hundreds to thousands of dollars (since my ccw insurance won't cover it) and having to beg my employer not to fire me when the arrest pops up. And that's assuming the charges are dropped at/before arraignment.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Or I've simply weighed the risk of getting attacked vs the penalty of up to a total of 3.5 years in prison and a lifetime disqualification to own a gun if I run into an anti cop.

Is it likely I'm going to get arrested? No. Is it likely I'm going to get mugged? No. The likely consequence to getting mugged is losing $40 and maybe my phone, though (also nothing stops me from carrying pepper spray and using it if the situation is appropriate). The likely consequence of getting arrested is, at minimum, hundreds to thousands of dollars (since my ccw insurance won't cover it) and having to beg my employer not to fire me when the arrest pops up. And that's assuming the charges are dropped at/before arraignment.
    You haven't watched enough defensive encounter videos and it shows. An attack on you can play out a million more ways than you stated. You're just assuming it goes the way of no blood. Compliance doesn't guarantee your safety or your life. You ever see a guy give his watch and cash only to get domed with a 45?

Carry at your own risk.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    I'll be calling CCW safe on this topic tomorrow seeing as parts of the country are going through these regulations and I'll report back.

I'll even go as far as calling them twice to get 2 different people.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'll be calling CCW safe on this topic tomorrow seeing as parts of the country are going through these regulations and I'll report back.

I'll even go as far as calling them twice to get 2 different people.
    Curious what you're expecting. None of these plans/services cover you if you're breaking the law (like carrying in a school or a USPS office). For now, a large patchwork of usable Montgomery County might as well be a giant sprawling Post Office (as it relates to you getting any help with legal support from your CCW Safe, USCCA or similar paid-for membership/service).

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    You haven't watched enough defensive encounter videos and it shows. An attack on you can play out a million more ways than you stated. You're just assuming it goes the way of no blood. Compliance doesn't guarantee your safety or your life. You ever see a guy give his watch and cash only to get domed with a 45?

Carry at your own risk.
    I said the most likely outcome. I realize it's not the only possible outcome. It's based on my personal risk appetite. As soon as we get an injunction I'll be carrying 100% outside the home again. If we don't get an injunction I'll reevaluate the risk based on the restrictions being long(er) term.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Curious what you're expecting. None of these plans/services cover you if you're breaking the law (like carrying in a school or a USPS office). For now, a large patchwork of usable Montgomery County might as well be a giant sprawling Post Office (as it relates to you getting any help with legal support from your CCW Safe, USCCA or similar paid-for membership/service).
    It's more so I wanna hear it from the horses mouth.

Yes I saw their clause but these over reaches by states and in our case a county (that keeps taunting us by stating they wont be enforcing it) is being challenged in federal court and they aren't dumb. They know TRO's are being enacting every week it seems like.

Also how long has carry insurance been around? pretty sure VA/WV have had shall issue since '98. What did people do back then?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Re: the previous claims that they could arrest plaintiffs for claims they are carrying despite the law

Doesn't that go against your right to self incriminating? Or am I misunderstanding how that right works? If I call the cops and say "I'm breaking this law" but they don't witness it themselves how can I be arrested?

You can't be Forced to self incriminate ; but if you voluntarily do so anyway ; it can be used .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Also how long has carry insurance been around? pretty sure VA/WV have had shall issue since '98. What did people do back then?

The concept was invented by my friend Marty Hayes in 2008 , when he founded Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Andy.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    There was a hearing on Monday that I went to. Judge said it will be swift however he also has other expedited cases to work through and asked for a little patience.
    I know, I just find the whole process ridiculous. It also motivates the legislature just to pass stupid shit knowing that at least it will be in effect for many months...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Andy Raymond is waiting..........
    That is at the county level, not the federal level which this case is.
    As for Andy's case, the timeliness has already been spoken to in that thread and doesn't need to be covered in this thread. That case is being adjudicated in a timely fashion according the lawyers that have provided excellent explanations on the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom