• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Read the argument. Very well laid out. Of course I am biased, but it seems like a no brained to enact the TRO and eventually nix the law.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The proposed is designed to get something in a tro right away and is the product of the judge’s resistance to doing any tro as evidenced at the conference yesterday. It is a temporary partial fix. The final relief sought remains much broader
    Resistance to doing any TRO for this?.... Incredible.

Well-written stuff. Thank you for all you do.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Agree, it seems like it is a slam dunk. The law is an egregious attack against civil rights and a direct slap at the Supreme Count. I hope this judge sees it that way but judges have largely disappointed me in the past.
    Thank you MSI for all you do!

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Agree, it seems like it is a slam dunk. The law is an egregious attack against civil rights and a direct slap at the Supreme Count. I hope this judge sees it that way but judges have largely disappointed me in the past.
    Thank you MSI for all you do!
    It definitely seems like it. Three Supreme Court Justices live in Montgomery County (Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh), and as you said, this law was clearly an attempted "clapback" at the Court. I hope this Judge winds up being reasonable and seeing the light to dispense with this quickly, or that he gets a well-deserved rebuke on appeal from his "superiors".

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    The proposed is designed to get something in a tro right away and is the product of the judge’s resistance to doing any tro as evidenced at the conference yesterday. It is a temporary partial fix. The final relief sought remains much broader
    What was the reasoning given to resist a TRO?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No idea. You tell me

Look at the lib judge in the 4CA hearing yesterday. Her bias was blatantly obvious

That will be a 2-1 win for us

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    1670438589148.png

maybe show this to the Judge.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    It just so happens that Andrew Raymond, the owner of Engage Armament named in the recent shooting incident, is one of the Plaintiffs in the lawsuit against this MoCo Law:

From Page 7 of MSI's filed Memorandum document:

Plaintiffs Andrew Raymond and Carlos Rabanales are co-owners of Engage and both work at and commute to Engage on a daily basis. Both individuals have wear and carry permits issued by the Maryland State Police and have in the past and intend to in the future possessed and transported firearms at or within 100 yards of the locations in which such activities are now banned by Chapter 57. Id. ¶¶ 57-62.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    It just so happens that Andrew Raymond, the owner of Engage Armament named in the recent shooting incident, is one of the Plaintiffs in the lawsuit against this MoCo Law:

Plaintiffs Andrew Raymond and Carlos Rabanales are co-owners of Engage and both work at and commute to Engage on a daily basis. Both individuals have wear and carry permits issued by the Maryland State Police and have in the past and intend to in the future possessed and transported firearms at or within 100 yards of the locations in which such activities are now banned by Chapter 57. Id. ¶¶ 57-62.
    :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    Can plaintiffs be replaced? Cause such a continuing distraction doesn’t really seem like it’s useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    They have plenty of plaintiffs without Andy. His partner is also a plaintiff as are several employees

IMO he should not be dropped unless convicted

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

And...What's your point?

Even as charged, he can still be a plantiff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom