• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notch347

Jun 23, 2022
    Silver Spring
    Going to drop my kid off at school from my truck. Don't worry, I'll stop the car in the rain, and unload and seperate my ammo in to a locked container and case my firearm

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Hasn't the Left chanted the mantra for decades that prohibition of any kind for victimless "crimes" (alcohol, drugs, prostitution, gambling, etc.) doesn't work?

Who is the victim if a concealed carry permit holder were to carry into a "prohibited" venue?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Are MoCo cops going to carry calibrated distance measuring equipment?

Will permit holders need to, too, along with a specially marked map like an auronautical sectional chart with prohibited areas (and buffer zones) marked?

Better, maybe MoCo should have to clearly mark the pavement around all these restricted zones.

Their ridiculousness should be highlighted and mocked.

Totally Agree. The Whole Bill 21-22 must be found Unconstitutional on its' FACE.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I do think "In U.S. constitutional law, a facial challenge is a challenge to a statute in which the plaintiff alleges that the legislation is always unconstitutional, and therefore void."

EDITED.. BTW SO Is this --HB425/SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms"

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    When we win, and make no mistake we will, I plan on a nice OC lunch at Mission BBQ on Rockville Pike. Maybe the statist worms will be able to see us from their ivory tower on MD Ave

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    When we win, and make no mistake we will, I plan on a nice OC lunch at Mission BBQ on Rockville Pike. Maybe the statist worms will be able to see us from their ivory tower on MD Ave
    LOL that sounds like a good idea. The only oc holster i have is for the tokarev though.

Maybe i can tuck my shirt in behind my glock and roll in like a gangsta

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Are MoCo cops going to carry calibrated distance measuring equipment?

Will permit holders need to, too, along with a specially marked map like an auronautical sectional chart with prohibited areas (and buffer zones) marked?

Better, maybe MoCo should have to clearly mark the pavement around all these restricted zones.

Their ridiculousness should be highlighted and mocked.
    The means are being tested. Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be called in to determine if you were off sides

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Your lawyer will have to challenge the play and the refs will have to review whether or not you crossed the pylon for an ehlrich touchdown

Wiley Jester

Aug 18, 2013
    Just joined MSI, should have done it a long time ago, but I think they'll be more effective than ever now that we have some support from SCOTUS.

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Run on precision distance measuring equipment soon... If you even knew all the places to avoid and where to measure from, which seems impossible at best.
    Gun owners in Montgomery County need an app like the FAA offers to drone pilots (B4UFLY) which shows where you are on a map and all the areas you cannot fly or need a waiver to fly.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As for the SA office you know what they say “ you get what you pay for” and the SA office attracts morons who need a job with benefits because they would never do well anywhere else.

Not all of them .
    Some are there learning the system to hang out shingle in a couple years ad Defense Attorney.
    Some are there as a political stepping stone .

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Unfortunately, the only way to really stop this kind of abuse is for SCOTUS to better define sensitive places as "places with armed security and metal detectors". I mean, think about it: if it's sensitive, you guard it and check people coming in. If you're not doing that, it's clearly not sensitive. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, it just drives me crazy to see MoCo trying to tell me the park around the corner is equivalent to the local courthouse. :P

The trade in old non functioning metal detectors might explode.

notional

MDS Supporter
    Sooooo....if my kids, wife, or anyone is with me when carrying in these new 'banned' areas, I'm okay, as long as I'm teaching my wife, kids, or anyone with me about gun safety or the educational sporting use of firearms....sounds like I'll be teaching my friends and family a lot about safety and carrying a CCW in the Republik of MoCo.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Prosecuting attorneys are no better. Their sole concern is getting convictions.

More precisely , their overwhelming concern is their Conviction PERCENTAGE .

This is addressed two ways :The hardball tactics Bob addresses above , and by not proceeding unless it's slam dunk .

The exceptions are if a case is high profile in the news , or it's a subject that the Head Prosecutor has publicly announced he's cracking down on .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From my perspective, I have never seen this and don't think it occurs in Montgomery County, but I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't happen. In liberal areas it is a problem the OTHER way, with weak plea deals.

Same influences . It's all about the Conviction PERCENTAGE .. Still counts as a Win for the ASA .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    More precisely , their overwhelming concern is their Conviction PERCENTAGE .

This is addressed two ways :The hardball tactics Bob addresses above , and by not proceeding unless it's slam dunk .

The exceptions are if a case is high profile in the news , or it's a subject that the Head Prosecutor has publicly announced he's cracking down on .
    Thank you for augmenting my post and zeroing in on the critical details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom