• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've got to go look at a job on Elm Street in Bethesda tomorrow and I will be g-- damned if I'm leaving anything at home or neutered in the truck.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    From my perspective, I have never seen this and don't think it occurs in Montgomery County, but I'm not naive enough to think it doesn't happen. In liberal areas it is a problem the OTHER way, with weak plea deals.

Case in point, I have a trial that was supposed to start tomorrow. Mope got into an argument with a security guard and popped a round at her. We never found the bullet and he shot from inside his car, so i didn't have a shell casing. Security guard was initially cooperative, I got an arrest warrant and locked the dude up. Surprise, convicted felon has a loaded poly80 under the seat of the car.

Listening to jail calls, the suspect is talking to his mommy and sure makes it sound like they got to the victim. Suddenly victim won't cooperate, says she won't testify in court tomorrow. They won't personally serve her and make her come to court. Since they won't do that, they can't get the judge to rule that she is a hostile witness. Since they won't do that, we can't argue that she may have been tampered with and play the suspects jail calls where he alludes to threatening/promising her and we can't play the recorded interview with the victim.

So the first degree assault charge is out the window. We were going to go forward with the trial anyways and talk about the discovery of the gun at the arrest and show social media pictures of the suspect with that gun (and a bunch of others) and a lot of drugs and money.

Instead, rather than putting all that information out there and public record, they accepted a plea this afternoon for prohibited person in possession of a gun. His sentencing guidelines are probation to 2 years. I'm sure he will get a time served punishment of the 6 months he had served pre-trial and walk out of court a free man tomorrow morning.

I would have preferred we took it to trial and showed a judge and jury the real story of this dude. Then when the judge gives him the lenient sentence he was going to give either way, at least if someone FOIAs it, the judge will look bad. Now, none of that will be on the record and nobody will be the wiser.

The revolving door is spinning out of control...

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
    Well, I'm pleased to hear that MoCo isn't as bad as I assume. However, my perceptions have been skewed by such abominations as the Zimmerman and Rittenhouse cases, which most agree should never have gone to trial. I'm pretty sure that similar outcomes would occur in MoCo under similar circumstances, given the bent of the demographic and the politics.

There's obviously no respect for the concept of equal justice in MD, nor for the current SCOTUS. It's not as bad as Baltimore, but that's because of who lives here, as compared to who lives there.

Your example of witness intimidation and the interest of the judicial system to protect its poor judgement through questionable coverup while endangering the public does reflect my poor opinion; I think I've witnessed too much sausage-making, here, in Annapolis, and nationwide, and it's not making me a more cheerful, trusting human being.

I can only imagine how it must affect those like yourself who work within it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I've got to go look at a job on Elm Street in Bethesda tomorrow and I will be g-- damned if I'm leaving anything at home or neutered in the truck.
    I’m only a couple miles away if you need someone to cause a distraction near the Dunkin Donuts around the corner from the MoCoPoPo Bethesda station so you have a clean getaway.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Lets just all pile into Tastee Diner for breakfast so we're easier to catch for moco.

Cue the benny hill music

It always made me laugh that I could carry legally in DC for years before MD.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Lets just all pile into Tastee Diner for breakfast so we're easier to catch for moco.

Cue the benny hill music
    This is the way. I’ve been swilling their coffee for over 40 years. Had a good breakfast there with the missus just the other day. I guarantee I wasn’t the only one carrying (the TD is a tiny oasis of non-insane-not-woke-lefty management in a sea of crazy in Bethesda).
    81CBF78B-79E3-4165-9A21-B19215932351.jpeg

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    MSI has a discord?

Can somebody throw me an invite please in a PM?
    Log into the msi website and then in the drop down menu there's a link to "discord discussion forum". I'd give the link, but it's apparent they want to verify membership as they ask for your info when you accept the invite.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Why isn’t knowingly putting unconstitutional laws in effect grounds for loss of political position at a minimum? This is an egregious defiance of mandate from the highest court in the land. If I had my way these people would be criminally charged.
    Because no lawmaker in his or her right mind would ever propose a bill to make something like that law, creating a potential liability for themselves.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo
    In my case it effects me being able to go to work. But yes they need and I assume will be hitting it from both directions.

Just came to the stark realization that being within 75 yds of a park and 200 yds of a middle school, I can't (legally by the book) even carry at night to walk my dog, let alone drive out of my development.....damn ink barely dry on my HGP.....

MSI Exec Membership, here we come.....

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Just came to the stark realization that being within 75 yds of a park and 200 yds of a middle school, I can't (legally by the book) even carry at night to walk my dog, let alone drive out of my development.....damn ink barely dry on my HGP.....

Welcome!

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD

Wish I had the spare $ for executive. Need to renew my general on payday. Once I clear some of these credit cards I'll up my membership

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Prosecuting attorneys are no better. Their sole concern is getting convictions. Railroading suspects to plea bargains, lying, concealing exculpatory evidence are only some of the tools in their box.

The more I see the less respect I have for the aptly named criminal justice system.

The government has truly earned the disrespect of the people.

IMO of course.
    Well said. The system criminalizes people the minute one is caught in its web. Life can easily become a downward spiral after that. The legal protections the prosecution side have when they do all the aforementioned needs to stop.

As far as defense attorneys they represent their client as best they can so I give them wide bearth.

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What time are you going to be in Bethesda today? You do know it will be raining all day long don't you ? I am over here in Aspen Hill about 100yrds from Leisure World South Gate and 80yds from MCFR Station 25.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    A guys who is 3601 inches away from a prohibited place is innocent while a guy who is 3599 inches away from a prohibited place is guilty. Where did 100 yards come from? Why not 75 yards? Why not 150 yards? Do they think bullets won’t travel over 100 yards?
    Run on precision distance measuring equipment soon... If you even knew all the places to avoid and where to measure from, which seems impossible at best.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Are MoCo cops going to carry calibrated distance measuring equipment?

Will permit holders need to, too, along with a specially marked map like an auronautical sectional chart with prohibited areas (and buffer zones) marked?

Better, maybe MoCo should have to clearly mark the pavement around all these restricted zones.

Their ridiculousness should be highlighted and mocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom