• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    yes I am and have donated several hundred extra this year to them beyond the membership.

Thank You for your support !

I dont mean sue the county to stop the bill, I mean sue the board members under 1983 claims, screw just trying to stop the law. 1983 claims go after the person restricting rights personally, with jail time and fines that they personally have to pay. Make them have some skin in the game.

I like your spirit , and would raise a glass of what Eruby said in his above post .

But that said , you can't 1983 a Legislator for their votes on a Bill .

If you 1983'ed MoCo PD / individual Ofc thereof for enforcing it the day it took effect ( presuming wasn't hit with Injunction first) , there would be length argument over the parameters of Public Carry under NYSRPA v Bruen , and if those parameters were clearly established. , and every LEO in the country knew , or should have known what those parameters were .

Rephrased - It's going to take a few years of case law to establish the " Bruen Boundaries " . before this would be slam dunk 1983 .

Legal Trivia - One of the key cases establishing Color of Law Deprivation . actually came out if MoCo !

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Oh they’ll be watching but like most leftists they will continue to try and infringe until the courts stop them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    yes I am and have donated several hundred extra this year to them beyond the membership.

I dont mean sue the county to stop the bill, I mean sue the board members under 1983 claims, screw just trying to stop the law. 1983 claims go after the person restricting rights personally, with jail time and fines that they personally have to pay. Make them have some skin in the game.

My drive to my office takes me with in 100 yards of 7 churches.
    1983 enables civil claims for damages, not jail time. And legislators are immune from its effects; the liability is on those who act under color of law.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Mark P scared the shit out of them. They don’t know what to do

Especially in light of Bruen

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Too bad that the recent injunction for NY could not also block Montgomery County: https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yo...estVariant=cx_2&cx_artPos=3&mod=WTRN#cxrecs_s
    Mark P scared the shit out of them. They don’t know what to do

Especially in light of Bruen

Speaking of NY, I think the MGA is watching how this goes extremely closely since a couple of their potential strategies were mentioned in this...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom