• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I have been wanting to get a bike for awhile now and just ran across the Mongoose Beast . I don't need anything crazy as I am just running around in parks not hill climbing or stump jumping .

Does anyone have one ? I think I need one .

Mongoose-Beast-1.jpg

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    That pretty cool, I just need a seat like on a tractor. My ass and regular bike seats don't get along.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Plan on using it as a mode of transportation from A to B, or just as a fun thing to do?

Just running around with my son for some exercise , nothing crazy .

Probably black out the rims regear it and get a rack for the seat post , that's about it .

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Immediately reminds me of the geared - and expensive - Surly Pugsley. I've ridden one of those in believe it or not, the snow, which is where the supposed idea for these fat tired bikes originated. Mountain bikers wanting to still ride in the winter. I imagine they'd have good application on beaches too - at least on wet sand.

Here's the Pugsley - http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley - which I'm sure you could buy for the same price as a half dozen of those Mongoose's. Surly's are nice, but priiiicey...

I'm too old to pedal one of those 1x1's, but if yer knee's can take it, good on you. I'll stick with multi-geared versions for totin all that weight of just the bike around. Everything feels soft under them big tires!

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Immediately reminds me of the geared - and expensive - Surly Pugsley. I've ridden one of those in believe it or not, the snow, which is where the supposed idea for these fat tired bikes originated. Mountain bikers wanting to still ride in the winter. I imagine they'd have good application on beaches too - at least on wet sand.

Here's the Pugsley - http://surlybikes.com/bikes/pugsley - which I'm sure you could buy for the same price as a half dozen of those Mongoose's. Surly's are nice, but priiiicey...

I'm too old to pedal one of those 1x1's, but if yer knee's can take it, good on you. I'll stick with multi-geared versions for totin all that weight of just the bike around. Everything feels soft under them big tires!

Yeah I'm not into bikes that bad . lol

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    My little brother has one. Tht thing is cool as hell. He brought it home from Ohio from a road trip. I rode it and almost killed myself ( haven't been on a bicycle in 15 years ). Very cool looking bike.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    For a seriously fun "just ridin' around" bike, the Electra Townie can't be beat. The thing just brings a smile to your face and is very, very comfortable.

They typically run around $450 and you can get them at REI as well as many local bike shops in the area. They make models with internal hub shifting and also 7 speed (and 21 speed) derailleur models. Here's one of their "balloon" models with the wider tires:

F_electra_townie.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom