• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dplay

Mar 27, 2016
    A.A. co. north
    I can't read the WAPO article because I won't subscribe; but, if as Klunatic says, they blame too many guns, then why not blame too many swimming pools for the deaths of children. I believe there are more children killed by "swimming pool violence" than "gun violence". Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The Time article said nothing about too many guns.

A security guard in Waldorf was shot by his 3 year old earlier this year. --> ban security guards

I don't understand how some folks handle guns.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Need more input...

So many things went wrong here. Security guard left his loaded firearm unattended in a vehicle. Sounds as if someone may loose their ability to carry and their job as well. Was the child in a car seat? If so, how was it able to reach for the gun. Why would a mom put their child in a car so close to a loaded firearm? I could go on... very sad indeed.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Need more input...

So many things went wrong here. Security guard left his loaded firearm unattended in a vehicle. Sounds as if someone may loose their ability to carry and their job as well. Was the child in a car seat? If so, how was it able to reach for the gun. Why would a mom put their child in a car so close to a loaded firearm? I could go on... very sad indeed.

Wasn't there another incident recently where a kid shot a parent in the front seat? Lots of stoopid choices lead up to this.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Wasn't there another incident recently where a kid shot a parent in the front seat? Lots of stoopid choices lead up to this.

Couple of months ago. Then there was the mom in Hayden,ID who got shot by her toddler sitting in the shopping cart.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware

I think there was one in Florida. She apparently was a gun "activist" and took a load of chit on her FB page by non-believers.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    All of these incidents involved guns. They also involved stupidity. I would say stupidity without guns is much more deadly than guns without stupidity.

hkuspcomp

Jun 29, 2014
    So many things went wrong here. Security guard left his loaded firearm unattended in a vehicle. Sounds as if someone may loose their ability to carry and their job as well. Was the child in a car seat? If so, how was it able to reach for the gun. Why would a mom put their child in a car so close to a loaded firearm? I could go on... very sad indeed.[/QUOTE]

If the child was properly placed in the car seat, the gun would have to have been in plain sight like in an open bag in the middle of the seat etc and cocked. Very careless of the boyfriend

hkuspcomp

Jun 29, 2014
    Need more input...

If the child was properly placed in the car seat, the gun would have to have been in plain sight like in an open bag in the middle of the seat etc and cocked. Very careless of the boyfriend

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    One of the articles I read earlier had said that the child recently figured out how to get out of his seat. That's certainly plausible.

What's inexcusable is the negligence of the boyfriend, and unfortunately, possibly the mother IF she were aware of where/how a firearm was stored in the car.

3rd golden firearms rule:
    Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.

Can't be ready to use a firearm that isn't anywhere near your possession...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think the point though is it is a lot easier for stupidity to be deadly or seriously dangerous with firearms. Which goes back to my, "maybe limited required training" isn't a stupid idea. Of course that won't stop determined stupid, but it might avoid some ignorance stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom