• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Hey folks, I realize this might be sacrilege to ask, but I'm looking for alternate holster options to typical WWI-WWII European revolvers; namely, the 1895 Nagant, Mle. 1892, and maybe a Webley Mk IV?

Probably sounds weird, I know, but I'd prefer to keep the vintage holsters in better shape and have a spare for range use, etc.. I know Hunter's 1100-14 has an option for Webley Mk VIs, but I haven't been able to find anything short of commissioning a custom holster, and I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far.

I did find this guy for Nagants on Amazon, but it's out of stock and I can't seem to find anyone who sells it currently.
    91NnqkdDScL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Because I have a large revolver, I made one that will work for belt and western carry. I am not a leather smith and just dabble in it. Your best bet is to fine a local smith who is in business they can make a custom one for your revolver.

handcannon.jpg

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Cheapest option would be the Uncle Mike's nylon holsters. Those are fine for range use.

If you want leather, you might have to settle for a less than perfect fit. I'd look at a holster that's made for a more common model, like the 1917. I bet the Webley would fit okay in one of those. Or a holster for a GP-100 or S&W 625 could work. You'll have to find measurements, or compare in person to other guns. Hunter holsters cover multiple models. You could pull their size chart to get an idea of what might work.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    The Bianchi leather X-15 shoulder holster or the uncle mike nylon as suggested for the cost. The X-15 is vertical. Not familiar with chest rigs or hunting holsters.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    I forgot to mention the Bianchi X-15 is a front break clamshell holster. You don't have to lift the revolver
    vertically to get it out of the holster. It's a vertical return.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Because I have a large revolver, I made one that will work for belt and western carry. I am not a leather smith and just dabble in it. Your best bet is to fine a local smith who is in business they can make a custom one for your revolver.

View attachment 430703

Nice looking holster! Yeah, I'd considered just commissioning one, but as a last resort. Thanks!

Cheapest option would be the Uncle Mike's nylon holsters. Those are fine for range use.

If you want leather, you might have to settle for a less than perfect fit. I'd look at a holster that's made for a more common model, like the 1917. I bet the Webley would fit okay in one of those. Or a holster for a GP-100 or S&W 625 could work. You'll have to find measurements, or compare in person to other guns. Hunter holsters cover multiple models. You could pull their size chart to get an idea of what might work.

Fair point, I hadn't considered Uncle Mike's; isn't the nylon a little rough on your finish, though? Yeah, I'm thinking I might just go with the Hunter 1100-14 and see what it can accommodate. Thanks!

The Bianchi leather X-15 shoulder holster or the uncle mike nylon as suggested for the cost. The X-15 is vertical. Not familiar with chest rigs or hunting holsters.

I'm usually partial to just regular belt holsters, but I'll give the X-15 a look, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom