• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I think I would have shown up for that class with my grandfathers H&R in .32 S&W. It was his "pocket gun" for years
    tempImageINp2jq.jpg

blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    40 is still gey.
    No min on carry. Freestate would not let you qualify with a 22 as part of policy. I questioned them on it since I was planning on using one due to an injury. They said no.
    But that was early on when they limited the classes to less than 1k people
    They were still saying that the weekend before last.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Is it too late to tell the OP that he must carry at least a 50mm with bawl ammo in 10 round revolver magazines? And the lead must be 3% anti money. Or it’ll be too hard to carry

Just checking.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Is it too late to tell the OP that he must carry at least a 50mm with bawl ammo in 10 round revolver magazines? And the lead must be 3% anti money. Or it’ll be too hard to carry

Just checking.
    Nope. Not too late. Let him know. Don’t forget about the AS7.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    If you did, you would also have to have a razor in your shoe. It's required.

That's bad, bad.

Badder than old King Kong.
    He drove a custom Continental Buick LeSabre.... Grandpa was the baddest insurance agent in NJ thats for sure :)

Carried that .32 everyday through WW2 and after until right before he passed in 1985. With a valid carry permit issued by the Jamesburg, NJ Chief of Police

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And meaner than a junkyard . But .32S&W isn't best choice if you need to shoot a junkyard dog .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At $50 to $60 per round (assuming you can find them), I would avoid the mag dump.

Another reason to upgrade to a Velo Dog ! The original 5.75 was made until recently by Fiochi, and relatively plentiful . Just looked up some for sale for $61 per 50rds .

Even better , later post 1900 'Dogs were also chambered in .22lr and .25acp .

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    We've established that there's NO caliber requirement for a carry gun. Also established that you need to be able to hit your target with whatever you choose, and you get to choose which combination of gun and caliber makes you feel safest. And that the folks who teach the CCW course can set any requirements they want, and say whatever they want in their classes no matter how wrong or stupid it is and they are. And unless students are willing to publicly out them for their misinformation, they'll keep getting away with it.

As an expert here says, 'You do you." Do your research and do what you feel comfortable with, 'Cause you don't want to end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone on the bar room floor.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    We've established that there's NO caliber requirement for a carry gun. Also established that you need to be able to hit your target with whatever you choose, and you get to choose which combination of gun and caliber makes you feel safest. And that the folks who teach the CCW course can set any requirements they want, and say whatever they want in their classes no matter how wrong or stupid it is and they are. And unless students are willing to publicly out them for their misinformation, they'll keep getting away with it.

As an expert here says, 'You do you." Do your research and do what you feel comfortable with, 'Cause you don't want to end up looking like a jigsaw puzzle with a couple of pieces gone on the bar room floor.

Sir, you bring accuracy, logic, and relevant information. Maybe MDShooters isn't for you.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Maybe the "instructor" was confusing minimum hunting calibers with personal carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom