• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    any of you guys got a millet dms scope,gen2 with the illumination near the windage and elevation adjustment,thinkin about ordering one for a 6.8 and want to know how it handles low light situations,gonna be for deer and night time fox with a light,if it sucks thinking on a bushy elite 3200 3x9 with the firefly reticle

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    Save your money. Optics are.def something that you get what you pay for. For a value in a 1x4 I would suggest a trijicon accuppoint from liberty optics ...like 650.00.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Save your money. Optics are.def something that you get what you pay for. For a value in a 1x4 I would suggest a trijicon accuppoint from liberty optics ...like 650.00.
    The OP is asking about a $200 scope, it's unlikely he has the budget for an Accupoint. Not to mention that he may not need the tritium bit that drives up the price so high... batteries are not so terrible.

FWIW, I'd consider the Primary Arms 1-4x:
    https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_1_4X_24_Illuminated_Scope_PA14X_p/pa14x.htm

Also, this is a pretty decent deal (lifetime warranty):
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/608573-REG/Konus_7284_1_4x24_M_30_Konuspro_Riflescope.html

It's not that I think the DMS-1 is bad, it's more that I question spending $200 on a scope that seems comparable to some cheaper options. The head-to-head comps I've read have the PA and DMS-1 being nearly identical except for the reticle.

deerslayer79

Jan 27, 2007
    Delmar Md
    I have eyeballed the konus m30 1.5x6 version on line seems cool,but reviews are few and far between as well as a falcon menace 1.5x5 both seem good options and yes I am on a budget,like I said this is goin on a 6.8 AR so I am only concerned about shootin out to 300yds at most and the ability to see reticle under a varmint light at night for fox and, deer hunting in low light conditions

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The Millet is one of the very few true 1X scopes. Mine works fine. I'm sure their CS sucks but YMMV. As a hunting scope for deer, it's good for close in work. Foxes are kind of small for a 4x. Don't expect to see the red dot in daylight unless you are pointing at something really dark. I've had one for two years now.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Weaver Classic Extreme is daylight visible illumination and built like a tank.
    DSC_0078.jpg

jjjefferson

Aug 22, 2011
    Laurel, MD
    I have one on my .50 Beowulf...200 rounds...np so far. The red dot is visible in the daylight...but why would I need it in the daylight? LOL.

Is it cheap...yup. does it work...yup. Is it the best...Nope.

my other scopes are Leupold VX-I's on my BP's and Shotguns. Swarovski AV-1 4-12X50mm on my .300 Wby Mark V Accumark. I tend to match my scopes to the accuracy of the weapon systems. No one has ever had anything bad to say about my Swarovski....of course it cost $1000.00 but the gun is good out to 1000 yards. My Beowulf....200yrds is pushing the max and there are not a lot of 1-4X's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom