Might this case effect the MD ban on carrying in parks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Its ok if you break a law if nobody notices? It's ok if steal my neighbor's car as long as he doesn't see me?
    I would have laughed out loud if I heard that argument in a court of law

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Connecticut's defense was the unlikelihood of prosecution, since his gun would be concealed.

So per the State, don't sweat the laws if you're unlikely to get arrested. Interesting way to look at their legal system.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Connecticut's defense was the unlikelihood of prosecution, since his gun would be concealed.

So per the State, don't sweat the laws if you're unlikely to get arrested. Interesting way to look at their legal system.
    CMC? Lol

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

I concur with their analysis

CMC

WWNC

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    @Bertfish

Yeah, kinda cute.

I'm EBMD myself, and I go POGO. Nice to see that CT goes along with my philosophy, but it's hard to trust them in any case. Talk is cheap, when you have an army and battalions of lawyers.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD

I go fishing often enough that it could become an issue. DNR is out there working most always. Who needs the hassle of up-holding the moral right to self-defense, against a legal proscription?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Everyone has to do what makes sense for them, in their particular situations.

It's beyond annoying that the law-abiding are treated as criminals in these places, while criminals walk free.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Seriously, what are the chances that anyone will notice that dead hooker in your trunk?

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    Sadly DNR and US Park Police will tell you to be careful in parks eslpecially along the river where I fish (Potomac) due to lots of illegal activity. So let me carry there for SD.

radarman

Feb 6, 2023
    Washington DC
    Sadly DNR and US Park Police will tell you to be careful in parks eslpecially along the river where I fish (Potomac) due to lots of illegal activity. So let me carry there for SD.Are these places where you fish actual "Stte
    Are these places where you fish actual "State Parks" or just other parkland, WMA, county park, etc? Maybe I'm wrong but I read the MD restriction as one on MD State Parks and State Forests, very specific places with a specific designation. Not every park in the state is a "State Park".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom