Mid-length gas system for 11.5" Barrel??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not I. It would probably be pretty touchy unsuppressed. Most of my short guns are always shot suppressed though.

Could probably do away with any gas reduction scheme.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yeah I went with a carbine-length. 11.5" I want to replace my 10.5. I ordered a tuned gas tube from BRT for suppressed shooting. IDK - mid just seems too short for 11.5 to me. Maybe for a 12.5 but then not quite so handy.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Roscoe makes a "patrol length" gas system that is supposed to bridge the gap between carbine and mid-length on 11.5"-12.5" guns:

Haven't used it, but it sounds like a good idea. Technically the gas tube is proprietary, but how often are you replacing gas tubes?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Roscoe makes a "patrol length" gas system that is supposed to bridge the gap between carbine and mid-length on 11.5"-12.5" guns:

Haven't used it, but it sounds like a good idea. Technically the gas tube is proprietary, but how often are you replacing gas tubes?
    Don't know, but if I bought one of those barrels, I'd buy a couple gas tubes for it as well. Innovations come and go. Often is the case, when I fall in live with something, verily it becomes discontinued.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Faxon sells one. The claim is that this is ideal for suppressed. Anyone try this setup?

I actually have that exact barrel, it shoots great for the cost. It runs 100% unsupressed with any brass cased ammo I have used it. I also shoot it with a 30 cal can on it and never have issues with gas to the face.

It shoots 1.25 inch or so at 100 yards with a burris rt6 on it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I actually have that exact barrel, it shoots great for the cost. It runs 100% unsupressed with any brass cased ammo I have used it. I also shoot it with a 30 cal can on it and never have issues with gas to the face.

It shoots 1.25 inch or so at 100 yards with a burris rt6 on it.
    Damn! Ok, good to know, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom