• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

Republican governors of Virginia and Maryland have responded to a letter from the Supreme Court's top-ranking security official calling on them to utilize police and law enforcement to prevent picketing at the homes of justices.

more....
    "The governor agrees with the Marshal that the threatening activity outside the Justices' homes has increased," Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin spokesperson Christian Martinez said in response to a letter from Supreme Court Marshal Gail Curley calling on the governor to "enforce state law" that prohibits picketing outside the homes of the justices.

"He welcomes the Marshal of the Supreme Court's request for Fairfax County to enforce state law as they are the primary enforcement authority for the state statute," the statement added.

more.....

"Two months ago, Governor Hogan and Governor Youngkin sent a letter calling on Attorney General Garland to enforce the clear and unambiguous federal statutes on the books that prohibit picketing at judges' residences," Ricci wrote. "A month later, hours after an assassination attempt on Justice Kavanaugh, the Department of Justice finally responded, declining to enforce the laws."

The statement continued, "Now a different federal official is writing to us with conflicting information. Had the marshal taken time to explore the matter, she would have learned that the constitutionality of the statute cited in her letter has been questioned by the Maryland Attorney General's office.

DOJ declines to enforce laws!! Well there you have it. Wonder why Frosh will not enforce Bruen?

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Just like the borders - the left is ignoring the laws to get their ends. This is 100% intimidation of the right leaning Supreme Court Justices By the current administration.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    So I wonder if the family members of fentanyl over dose victims, I hate to call them that but, could sue Biden and sec. of homeland security personally for not doing their jobs and securing the southern border. Maybe a class action law suit would wake them up.

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Just like the borders - the left is ignoring the laws to get their ends. This is 100% intimidation of the right leaning Supreme Court Justices By the current administration.
    Exactly. The Rights needs to fire up the intimidation machine

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would volunteer to defend the Justices homes while exercising the 2A they just defended.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Republican governors of Virginia and Maryland have responded to a letter from the Supreme Court's top-ranking security official calling on them to utilize police and law enforcement to prevent picketing at the homes of justices.

more....
    "The governor agrees with the Marshal that the threatening activity outside the Justices' homes has increased," Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin spokesperson Christian Martinez said in response to a letter from Supreme Court Marshal Gail Curley calling on the governor to "enforce state law" that prohibits picketing outside the homes of the justices.

"He welcomes the Marshal of the Supreme Court's request for Fairfax County to enforce state law as they are the primary enforcement authority for the state statute," the statement added.

more.....

"Two months ago, Governor Hogan and Governor Youngkin sent a letter calling on Attorney General Garland to enforce the clear and unambiguous federal statutes on the books that prohibit picketing at judges' residences," Ricci wrote. "A month later, hours after an assassination attempt on Justice Kavanaugh, the Department of Justice finally responded, declining to enforce the laws."

The statement continued, "Now a different federal official is writing to us with conflicting information. Had the marshal taken time to explore the matter, she would have learned that the constitutionality of the statute cited in her letter has been questioned by the Maryland Attorney General's office.

DOJ declines to enforce laws!! Well there you have it. Wonder why Frosh will not enforce Bruen?
    Frosh needs to be very careful, because his argument could be used against him with regards to the State's law that picketing in front of the house of State Delegates and Senators is prohibited. He can't claim one without affecting the other.
    Maybe it's time we start picketing Atterbury's house and when LE shows up, show them a copy of the AG's issues with the same Fedral law.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Frosh needs to be very careful, because his argument could be used against him with regards to the State's law that picketing in front of the house of State Delegates and Senators is prohibited. He can't claim one without affecting the other.
    Maybe it's time we start picketing Atterbury's house and when LE shows up, show them a copy of the AG's issues with the same Fedral law.
    I’m in

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I would volunteer to defend the Justices homes while exercising the 2A they just defended.
    I think I already know the answer, but would you do the same for Maryland State Delegates and Senator homes being illegally picketed?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I think I already know the answer, but would you do the same for Maryland State Delegates and Senator homes being illegally picketed?
    That’s a tougher question. I believe so. I have a strong sense of right and wrong and the saying “I don’t agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it” rings true. I may not like them, or what they stand for, but attacks on their families are unacceptable to me. We cannot normalize this kind of behavior. If it happens to one side, it happens to the other.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That’s a tougher question. I believe so. I have a strong sense of right and wrong and the saying “I don’t agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it” rings true. I may not like them, or what they stand for, but attacks on their families are unacceptable to me. We cannot normalize this kind of behavior. If it happens to one side, it happens to the other.
    Most people here probably won't agree with this. (I was 99% sure this was the answer)
    Remind me to buy you a beer next time we end up at the same place and catch up.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    More folks need this attitude

Of all the negative human traits hypocrisy irritates me the most. It's why I despise politicians. Both sides do it.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Senators Smith and Ferguson both had protests at their homes within the last two years, with fireworks even being shot at Ferguson’s. Smith had demonstrators at another family member’s home. These were leftist protesters and when one of them testified before Senator Smith, he made it known he wasn’t pleased with her, sternly rebuking her via livestream.

Eugene Volokh has an excellent article on this: https://reason.com/volokh/2022/07/0...-ban-but-that-ban-is-likely-unconstitutional/

My view, by the way, is that protesting targeted at a person's home is generally bad, because it's generally aimed more at intimidation than persuasion;
    I agree with him on this.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Let's be clear about this.

70% of the delegates and senators are full-blown Prog drones, and are not likely to be picketed by their Useful Idiots.

The remainder are our supporters, to some degree, and as such have the Open Season tags around their necks. These are the people that are likely to be picketed by a noisy mob.

I'm not up for defending those who would remove my human rights, however much they might demand respect. Inasmuch as the few who support my position are serious underdogs, they would receive such support as I could provide. The rest can fend for themselves. They have the mob on their side; that should be sufficient.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Ah yes,,
    The left (Dems) are in full war mode, they have throw out and resemblance of rules a few years ago,, And conservatives sit around debating if a counter action would be : 1) adhering to the rules, 2) Be the Christian thing to do, 3) look good in the polls, 3) sit well with your great aunt Ethel, 4) Interfere with the latest release on Amazon Prime or Netflix.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    All of you have great responses to much a much larger picture at public debate.
    And I would not picket a congressman, delegate, senators nor judges, including supreme court
    justice. That's just not right and closer to a morality issue for me. I don't approve of dox either.
    Some things just need to be private.

Thomas Jefferson once described “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” to be every American’s inalienable rights. These inalienable rights, similar to privacy, are well known and often defended.

What I disagree with in Judges or DOJ, FBI, ATF selectively declining enforcement of law because
    political motivation is pretty clear.

All this goes directly to the heart of public leadership in all roles of government.
    Those should be judged and held accountable directly to law.
    Because WE THE People, especially looking to Carry a concealed firearm sure will
    be asked and questioned on " good moral character, reputation and qualification; "

Last edited:

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    We cannot normalize this kind of behavior.
    "If the tactic or argument is bad for them, it's just as bad for us, no matter how effective"

This is the reasoning I was given back in 13' when two well dressed gentlemen at the Senate hearings rejected a "Guns save lives" sticker we were handing out as they came in - everyone else were talking them.

I was intrigued and so I approached them to ask why they refused and one of them said "If we believe /guns kill people/ is a foolish argument (which it is), then it's equally foolish to say /guns save lives/. Don't stoop to their level"

That has stuck with me (perhaps it was someone on this board) and I believe it whole heartedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom