• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    So are they having in person testimony for the 2023 session?

In ones testimony: If one did NOT threaten legislators,, but stated that the would love to see them drug out into the streets and executed,,, is any law broken stating that ??

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    So are they having in person testimony for the 2023 session?

In ones testimony: If one did NOT threaten legislators,, but stated that the would love to see them drug out into the streets and executed,,, is any law broken stating that ??
    You would get gaveled as out of order and tossed from the room. Testimony must be on the bill.

But I feel your pain...

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    It’s a chess game.

It’s how our founders designed the system. It’s what’s kept things so stable for so long.

Let the chess game play, it doesn’t matter how many pawns you’ve lost when you’ve checkmated the opposing king.

And both sides squeeze back on rulings they don’t like.

Brown v Board took 10+ years to have actual impact. Counties in VA went to great lengths to try to circumvent.

I don’t like it, but it’s so much better to be playing the game with the board positioned how it is and with the composition of SCOTUS the way it is….than where we were say 3 years ago. What if RBG had lived another 3 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I seriously have sympathy for you guys still in MD...it's one of the reasons I left. Here in AZ people are fighting to keep CA transplants from trying to "California My Arizona". There were lots of signs and bumper stickers saying that prior to the recent elections.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I seriously have sympathy for you guys still in MD...it's one of the reasons I left. Here in AZ people are fighting to keep CA transplants from trying to "California My Arizona". There were lots of signs and bumper stickers saying that prior to the recent elections.
    And look what is happening. Your new governor and senator-reelect

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    And look what is happening. Your new governor and senator-reelect

And both were by extremely small margins. AZ is a very independent state historically...they like to go their own way. But...with so many transplants (and I am one)...the state is more purple than before.

Here in Maricopa County there were lots of shenanigans on election day which have been documented but still the results were certified.

It doesn't take massive voter fraud...just enough in a few strategic places to swing elections.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Another possible avenue of infringement to look forward to?

Gun control lobby's new strategy: push the envelope on "sensitive places"
    If it seems like a lot of Democrat-run states are choosing to willfully ignore what the Supreme Court had to say in NYSPRA v. Bruen when it comes to “gun-free zones,” you’re not imagining things. Instead, you’re witnessing one of the post-Bruen strategies of the gun control lobby and their anti-gun allies in statehouses and on Capitol Hill: ban guns from as many places as possible and hope the courts will uphold the restrictions on at least some of the newly-defined “sensitive places”.

Since Bruen, we’ve New York ban concealed carry (or tried to, anyway) on all private property by default, while New York lawmakers and legislators in states from New Jersey to Hawaii have been pushing for bans on concealed carry in houses of worship, on public transportation, in bars and restaurants where alcohol is served, parks, museums, grocery stores, movie theaters, and in some cases even the parking lots attached to these properties. All of this flies in the face of the Bruen decision, which may not have laid out in specific detail what places can be considered “sensitive” but made it clear that they’re the exception and not the rule. As the WSJ reports, it’s all part of a strategy advanced by gun control groups and one that many anti-gun lawmakers are willing to follow, albeit with some minor adjustments based on pending court challenges...

lazarus

Jun 23, 2015
    I think they were short sighted on this. I would have waited for a more favorable SCOTUS. Clarence is ready to kick ass and take names.
    Ditto. And not just that, but I think they risk judges, and appeals courts, being much more likely to throw out entire laws and hand down some very harsh opinions with this crap. If the goal was to see if part of the law might stick on some of the sensitive places, throwing a horrible law at us isn't a good way to do it. I doubt many judges or appeals courts will uphold the law in part because, oh look, we agree carry should be prohibited in hospitals, but the other 78 places you added are struck down. Pfft, I highly doubt that is going to be the outcome.

teratos229

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ditto. And not just that, but I think they risk judges, and appeals courts, being much more likely to throw out entire laws and hand down some very harsh opinions with this crap. If the goal was to see if part of the law might stick on some of the sensitive places, throwing a horrible law at us isn't a good way to do it. I doubt many judges or appeals courts will uphold the law in part because, oh look, we agree carry should be prohibited in hospitals, but the other 78 places you added are struck down. Pfft, I highly doubt that is going to be the outcome.
    I'm happy about their strategy. Precedent. It's going to be fun, if a little irritating, to watch.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It also would have imprisoned thousands of republicans state legislators until very recently over abortion based on how many antiabortion laws got struck down. Again. And again. And again. For 50 years.

As much as it sickens me to see MD following NY and NJ in the patently unconstitutional law making following a very clear Bruen decision, they aren’t the only ones who have done similar in the past. And likely won’t be the only ones in the future.
    Good, then maybe both sides would get the hint and actually follow the Constitution and their oath.

Chase Houston

MDS, MSI, NRA Lifetime
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2022
    Chevy Chase, MD
    Here it is, they are planning on going full MoCo, adding restaurants as a place of public accommodation, sprinkle in some NY style private property permission, allow victims to sue gun manufacturers and raise the long gun age of purchase to 21.

5687695efb71932e78777228890ac012.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbmike

Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    A little off topic and perhaps a little early, but where is all the blood running in the streets since Bruen? Stupid question, I know, since facts are overshadowed by manic obsession, but everyone should be screaming it if/when citizens are begrugdingly permitted to testify at MGA hearings. Unfortunately, it will undoubtedly fall on dead ears (and brains) and still wind up like the pre-FSA 2013 sham. It's not my fight anymore, but it still galls me to no end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dreadysuperhero

Latest threads

Top Bottom