• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I helped a friend do his hql ( he is not computer literate ). I just checked his status, under the medical marihuana it says "Not Applicable". IIRC when I did mine it said "completed", ie they checked and saw I did not have a card.

Did something get changed? Or am I mis remembering what it said on mine.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Not sure I’m understanding your question but if you have a card you cannot purchase a firearm. Also if you own a firearm and get the card you are to get rid of your firearms. If he doesn’t have a card then maybe you need to contact MD state police.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Not sure I’m understanding your question but if you have a card you cannot purchase a firearm. Also if you own a firearm and get the card you are to get rid of your firearms. If he doesn’t have a card then maybe you need to contact MD state police.

He nor I have a card.

I was just checking the checklist and saw the not applicable for the medical part. I thought it said completed when I did mine, as in they completed the check to make sure I did not have a card ( and I dont and never had ). But his checklist says not applicable, and I thought that may be different than mine.

Again I thought mine said "completed" as in check, just like the mental health check.

His says " not applicable" like the juvenile check if your over 30, but under the medical mj line.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Okay below is a screen shot of his check list. It adds even more confusion to me. If you read what "not applicable" means at the bottom. Its says "not required by applicant", to me that says checking it is not required. But I know the MDSP work in strange words, that only have meaning to them...aka "not disapproved"

5RM04SF.png

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I wonder if MSP is not checking it because its already on the 4473 for any firearm (other than trasnfer at MSP).
    I don't recall if 77r asks about MJ?
    If it does not then it Sounds like they are putting their own loophole to allow Medical MJ for handgun transfers?
    If you do a transfer at MSP, there is no 4473
    If it does, then they are NO LONGER relying on the HQL to determine that and maybe that is the right way to do it cause HQL can last a long time and MJ card can be aquired after that and really should be check on each application of a 77r (if it does check)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I might be more concerned with the Incomplete for the Livescan.
    Does that mean they haven't received the fingerprints yet?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I might be more concerned with the Incomplete for the Livescan.
    Does that mean they haven't received the fingerprints yet?

Probably, but we entered the number and scanned the sheet they gave him and attached it. If it does not change today I will have him call Mdsp.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Minor update, it turns out the finger printing place did not properly submit his finger prints. He called them and the guy told him he is checking in to it.

If curious it was absolute in westminster. They also did mine, but I did not have an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom