• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    MDPRS Beginners Match is about to open sign ups at 8 pm. Go to practiscore and search for MDPRS Beginners Match and itll pop up.

This is a great experience for those who have never shot a PRS match and are interested in the sport.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    MDPRS Beginners Match is about to open sign ups at 8 pm. Go to practiscore and search for MDPRS Beginners Match and itll pop up.

This is a great experience for those who have never shot a PRS match and are interested in the sport.
    Before we click on a link (especially one that requires an account and login credentials), you might want to tell folks where this match is, and when it is.....

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Gap, PA

Good question, all the deptails except where. Please fill in the blanks.

The location is given in the Practiscore listing:
    Gap, PA 17527

"The match is full, and wait listing isn't enabled by the Match Director."

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    The location is given in the Practiscore listing:
    Gap, PA 17527

"The match is full, and wait listing isn't enabled by the Match Director."
    Oh, ok. I logged in and looked thru and definitely missed that, my apologies. Sounds like a fun match.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I was going to do this, because I'm most definitely a beginner, but I decided to jump in last year on regular matches to make a fool of myself (mission accomplished). I learned a lot, but was bummed to see this year that you couldn't attend the beginners match if you'd been to a regular match. I don't think that was the case in the past. I definitely could have benefitted from a lower pressure learning environment than a regular match. That said, the people have been (mostly) great at regular matches for people like me that suck.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I was going to do this, because I'm most definitely a beginner, but I decided to jump in last year on regular matches to make a fool of myself (mission accomplished). I learned a lot, but was bummed to see this year that you couldn't attend the beginners match if you'd been to a regular match. I don't think that was the case in the past. I definitely could have benefitted from a lower pressure learning environment than a regular match. That said, the people have been (mostly) great at regular matches for people like me that suck.

They have had that rule for the last couple of years. They are trying to keep people from gaming it.

A good way to learn cheaply is to try NRL22 or MARS matches. There is also a match at pig river in the October time frame that pairs you up with a high level shooter

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Rule of thumb is to tell the MD you are brand new when you register for club matches. They usually know the regular shooters and can often get you squadded with some people who will be supportive. Most shooters at club level matches tend to be very helpful and will usually lend gear/provide coaching before or after stage time. This is (understandably) not the case at two day majors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom