• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    We have a family pass, and also haven't seen detectors, but we haven't gone yet this season. Sounds like the setup is the same.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    With great thanks and all credit going to our own @DC-W, I was able to determine that carry at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is prohibited by law. The zoo is owned by the city, but leased to the state. The Department of General Services has authority there, which makes "State-leased" controlling for purposes of being illegal to carry in/around the zoo, even with a permit.

See (a)(5) here: https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Docume...ype=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

And the COMAR cite for the ban in section B: http://mdrules.elaws.us/comar/04.05.01.03

I, of course, do not advocate breaking the law, this post is for informational purposes only, get your own lawyer, vaya con Dios, etc., etc., etc.
    Well that sucks. Guess I won't be going to the Baltimore Zoo. Of course CMC so maybe I will.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    With great thanks and all credit going to our own @DC-W, I was able to determine that carry at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is prohibited by law. The zoo is owned by the city, but leased to the state. The Department of General Services has authority there, which makes "State-leased" controlling for purposes of being illegal to carry in/around the zoo, even with a permit.

See (a)(5) here: https://govt.westlaw.com/mdc/Docume...ype=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)

And the COMAR cite for the ban in section B: http://mdrules.elaws.us/comar/04.05.01.03

I, of course, do not advocate breaking the law, this post is for informational purposes only, get your own lawyer, vaya con Dios, etc., etc., etc.
    This was very helpful. Invited to the zoo and trying to determine if I could lawfully CC. Under the “authorize personnel” section of COMAR - wouldn’t you be authorized with a W&C license? I’m guessing not…but is authorized personnel defined by that statute?

aznboi87

Aug 29, 2023
    rockville, md

wasn't this appealed?
    state owned "grounds" is too broad, I-270 is a state owned ground, but still allow you to have weapons available:
    as of 2013, they limit to government own "buildings." Zoo is not a "building" if it's out door, it's consider a "park" in which according to Gilford Law, there's no limitation for firearms for state-owned "parks"

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    My primary concern...
    It's not that bad in the daytime. Not the best area. I used to play disc golf there and we have taken the kids there several times with no issues. Just pay attention to the chimps, I watched them chase down and kill a squirrel one time. It was entertainment for the whole family.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    wasn't this appealed?
    Not all of it, just places that serve alcohol and privately owned building otherwise open to the public.
    state owned "grounds" is too broad, I-270 is a state owned ground, but still allow you to have weapons available:
    You really need to read the state statute, before you expound on it being "too broad". State owned property refers to any building and property maintained by The General Services Administration.

as of 2013, they limit to government own "buildings." Zoo is not a "building" if it's out door, it's consider a "park" in which according to Gilford Law, there's no limitation for firearms for state-owned "parks"

There is your first failure...following gun advise from an Anti-2A organization that doesn't want you to carry let alone own a firearm.

You second failure is opening your mouth (again) and having absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

As for the zoo bring a park, nope. It is indeed State property controlled and maintained by the MD General Service Administration under 4-604 of the State Finance and Procurement Code of the Maryland Annotated Code (Maryland State Statute).

As for state park, they are specifically called out as prohibited to carry in State Parks in State Statute.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is the first post of your's I've read that didn't have me shaking my head ruefully
    And yet, he goes back having us shaking our heads by using the Giffords Group as a cite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom