MD Wear and Carry Training in Western Maryland.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Who are the Deep Creek area guys using for training? I have a cousin in Washington PA who is looking and I figured that area would probably be the closest to him.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    John Sagal in Frostburg. Mountain Maryland training i think its called.
    No November classes that I know of, they are going hunting during November.
    j8064 is training this weekend at spring ridge training in Grantsville (Dale Curtis) I think he told me he charges $200 for the class.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    No November classes that I know of, they are going hunting during November.
    j8064 is training this weekend at spring ridge training in Grantsville (Dale Curtis) I think he told me he charges $200 for the class.
    Buff, I knew you would chime in sooner or later. I appreciate all that's helped out on this!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Buff, I knew you would chime in sooner or later. I appreciate all that's helped out on this!
    Not sure how the the Grantsville class works with prints etc. etc. but Mountain Maryland training in Frostburg has fingerprinting service ($52) on site, they also take a picture for you and help with getting you application submitted. I personally know the whole crew at the gun shop and they are good people.
    class is/was $225

Wtlhntr

Jul 27, 2022
    Md
    When I was looking right after Bruen Sagal was $275 when I called and he didn’t have any spots available in the near future. D&B was a little less expensive, I can’t recall exact cost, maybe $225. Wassel was $160 and had openings middle of July. Pro care in Cumberland and Oakland charges $55 for printing service. I took all my paperwork to 3 guys guns in Cresaptown and Rod there did everything for the application submission for the Mrs and I and didn’t charge a penny. Well let’s just say that Rod turned out to be quite the salesperson, as the Mrs found the right fit carry pistol while he was processing my paperwork. And while he was processing her paperwork I ended up picking out a Glock . Other than the hoops that Md makes you go thru, 3guys, Wassel and Pro Care were all great experiences.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    John Sagal in Frostburg. Mountain Maryland training i think its called.
    +1 on John at Mountain Maryland Firearms Training. Just got done with day 1, with range day and more class time tomorrow. It’s $225 for the class, $52 for the prints. Very accommodating, as I called Thursday about the class, not sure if I would be able to finish some consulting work first. He said just show up if I could, there were openings yet.

But I was able to get to Green Ridge last night, and in class today. Had asked about buying some of the qual targets while leaving today, and he gave me a couple. Just did a practice run, 24/25, but that was because the center was getting congested, so I did all the 25 yd shots at the head. If there would be an ear, it would have been 25/25.

Had a buddy show up and treat lunch at a local coffeehouse. Will make that up with a good craft brew later this week. Once the firearms are done with of course.

Soon I’ll be in the waiting line and checking my mailbox. Impatiently lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom