• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianrose

May 2, 2009
    I just purchased a gun a few days ago. Does the 30 day wait to buy another apply from date or purchase or 30 days from when I take possession- which means 10 weeks +30 days due to MSP!?!?

Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    My understanding is its the date of purchase(when you paid for the gun and filled out the forms). I don't think they really have any way of tracking when you pick it up from the dealer anyway, unless they have a trooper drive to their shop and dig through their paperwork.

Feb 28, 2013
    Well, the sale isn't complete until you sign for possession of the gun and leave the shop with it.

My understanding is, as has been said here many times, 30 days between taking possession. So theoretically you could have multiple sales in progress. But when your paperwork starts coming back you just have to watch your pickups to make sure you comply with the 30-day rule.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    My understanding is its the date of purchase(when you paid for the gun and filled out the forms). I don't think they really have any way of tracking when you pick it up from the dealer anyway, unless they have a trooper drive to their shop and dig through their paperwork.

Wrong. 30 days starts at pick up. Become a designated collector and it will do away with 30 day wait. Or you can buy as many as you want now but pick ups will be released every 30 days

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Wrong. 30 days starts at pick up. Become a designated collector and it will do away with 30 day wait. Or you can buy as many as you want now but pick ups will be released every 30 days

Does this apply to C&C weapons such as a Marlin 60? I have a handgun in the queue. Or is it only regulated firearms?

I suppose with a > 61 day wait it doesn't really matter, because I can wait 30 days from date of purchase, pick up the weapon, and then the ND will come after the 30 day wait from the C&C firearm.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Really varies by FFL. Lots of people here aren't DC and have more than 1 gun in the background check backlog. Some FFLs will say the 30 days starts after you pick the gun up. Seems like depends on which FFL you go to how they interpret it.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Does this apply to C&C weapons such as a Marlin 60? I have a handgun in the queue. Or is it only regulated firearms?

I suppose with a > 61 day wait it doesn't really matter, because I can wait 30 days from date of purchase, pick up the weapon, and then the ND will come after the 30 day wait from the C&C firearm.

Non-regulated (C&C) weapons aren't affected by the 30-day rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom