• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    :thumbsup:

From your post, I thought the gun at MEF had 15 rd mags.

If go to Hanover PA for mags, Famous Hot Weiner, and Texas Hot Weiner Lunch are good spots to eat.
    Appologies for leading you to believe I bought a gun with 15 Rds from MEF. I can now see how easily it can be interpreted that way. Love me some BBQ, maybe I should go whether I am buying mags or not.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It wasn't the 2 tone used one is it? Because that would have been mine. :)
    You replace it with a p365? I remember you being pretty happy with the glock a while ago. What caused you to move on from that to a new carry gun?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Finally found and got one.

I have the sub 7 and a holsun dot for it. I want to shoot it with irons first.

I will space out the revolver purchase a little. Going through analysis paralysis on those. 642 vs 442 vs 442 performance center. Likely ill end up with a 442.

Attachments

• 20220810_200223.jpg
      20220810_200223.jpg
      297 KB · Views: 61
    Last edited:

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Bought a Hellcat Pro today. It was on my short list with a few others. Got my hands on all on my list today and the Pro was the winner by far so I made it happen. Of course, its in time out for 7 days. Stupid regulation.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Picked up a Glock 48 MOS and threw a holosun on there. I generally carry a regular Glock 48 iwb or a p365 in the pocket. But I'm thinking about replacing my glock 48 with a 365 xl. Slightly smaller and two more rounds. And comes with great sights that I don't have to swap out. Hard to beat.

I don't necessarily feel the need to have a red dot on a carry gun, on the other hand I wanted to get some trigger time behind one because it does seem to be the wave of the future.

It's quite an adjustment.

Last edited:

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I'm gonna resurrect this thread.

I'm strongly considering either a Beretta APX or S&W M&P 2.0 full size for my new (IWB and/or shoulder holster) carry gun. That said, my general criteria are:
    Full size
    striker fired
    no external safety
    9mm or .45 (can't decide. I already have a .45, but 9mm is cheaper to buy, typically, even though it means adding a new caliber)

bonus: if there's a .22 conversion kit or a separate .22 pistol that would be similar in operation to the full size version, that would be interesting to me.

Anyone have any strong recommendations along those lines? I'm not a glock fan, particularly. Anyone have any strong recommendations for a gun store near harford county with really great prices? I haven't bought a firearm in MD since before 2013, and i haven't stepped foot into a gun store in nearly as long, so I'm basically starting from 0 knowledge of local gun stores.

fwiw, I still kinda/sorta like the Sigs, especially the legions, but the price and sheer variety of choices there put me off a bit. i tried figuring out what sig p22x or legion I might like, but I was having trouble deciphering all the options.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I'm strongly considering either a Beretta APX or S&W M&P 2.0 full size for my new (IWB and/or shoulder holster) carry gun. That said, my general criteria are:
    Full size
    striker fired
    no external safety
    9mm or .45 (can't decide. I already have a .45, but 9mm is cheaper to buy, typically, even though it means adding a new caliber)

bonus: if there's a .22 conversion kit or a separate .22 pistol that would be similar in operation to the full size version, that would be interesting to me.

Anyone have any strong recommendations along those lines? I'm not a glock fan, particularly. Anyone have any strong recommendations for a gun store near harford county with really great prices? I haven't bought a firearm in MD since before 2013, and i haven't stepped foot into a gun store in nearly as long, so I'm basically starting from 0 knowledge of local gun stores.

fwiw, I still kinda/sorta like the Sigs, especially the legions, but the price and sheer variety of choices there put me off a bit. i tried figuring out what sig p22x or legion I might like, but I was having trouble deciphering all the options.
    First off, for any sort of "gun person" in 21st Century America, 9mm should not be "adding another caliber." Get with the program. :poke:

Sig does indeed have a ton of choices. If you open up the P320 can of awesome, you can mix and match slides, grips, and even calibers...and not just with Sig parts.

Top Gun Firearms in Fallston has been my Local for years. They had a big selection when I was in there Saturday. They aren't an IP, so I'll let you search for them yourself. Benchtop Gunsmithing in Port Deposit is also fairly local to Harford. Brian at South Carrol Sporting goods is a favorite IP. He's a great dude with good prices...but about an hour away.

For value priced guns, you might check out Canik. I haven't seen one in a while (because I haven't been looking...they may have been right in front of me), but Ruger American Pistols used to be fairly budget friendly. I think their SR 9 is supposed to be even more so.

Also, this coming weekend is the gun show in Bel Air at the Legion. You might get to see some other options. Don't forget to stop by the MSI booth.

fwgj

MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2022
    Up County MoCo

Full size
    striker fired
    no external safety

Anyone have any strong recommendations along those lines?

I can’t speak to the Beretta but I love my M&P 2.0. I upgraded it with a CORE slide to add a Holosun 507c (old eyes) and an Apex trigger. Its one of my easiest shooting and more accurate pistols. A bit large for me for EDC (I have Sigs P365 and P320 XCompact that are more concealable) but I really enjoy my M&P

D1F0C36A-3B82-4981-BB50-6B3001233BC3.jpeg

Last edited:

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Anyone looking at picking up a new carry piece in light of current events ? I'm really eyeballing a Sig365sas. Just cant decide if I actually like the integrated site system.
    Cool Gun. One thing I did not like about the integrated site system was that you need light to see the sight. There is no tritium in the sight. Small minus for a very cool gun. So I picked up the 365x for my EDC. Then again, Who the hell is aiming in a situation anyway.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I'm thinking about upgrading to a Glock22 (standard size .40) as my EDC. Currently my EDC G19 and Its been pretty good. Adding more firearms to my collection always seems like a good idea ....

python

Apr 15, 2010
    If you eschew plastic and/or striker fired guns like I do, any one of these earlier Sigs would suit me. Top to bottom: P229 S/S Elite, P228, P6. The single one is a P220 Compact. The P229 is a brick and would be my last choice. The P228 would be Goldilock's choice.

Attachments

• 20220822_190415.jpg
      20220822_190415.jpg
      263.6 KB · Views: 42
    • 20220329_074555.jpg
      20220329_074555.jpg
      330.2 KB · Views: 36

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Full size
    striker fired
    no external safety

I own three M&Ps, I would have no problem carrying one if I were to carry a full-size gun. They are some of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I own three M&Ps, I would have no problem carrying one if I were to carry a full-size gun. They are some of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What calibers are they/do you have a preference for one caliber over the other.

part of me really wants a .45, the other part wants to be buying cheaper 9mm ammo. I'm very, very conflicted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom