• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyBoy

Jun 27, 2022
    Ellicott City, MD
    I'd like the Sig 365XL and a Holoson sight. The batteries last 50,000 hours on the Holoson sight and the I love the shake awake feature. Batteries are cheap. I replace mine every January 1, whether it needs it or not and I've never had a battery issue with a Holoson Red Dot.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Picked up my P365X yesterday. Now its time to get to the range !

Thought I bought a P365 Turns out I bought the P365X. My lack of attention actually worked out for once as I believe the regular P365 grip would have just been a hair too short for my taste.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Picked up my P365X yesterday. Now its time to get to the range !

Thought I bought a P365 Turns out I bought the P365X. My lack of attention actually worked out for once as I believe the regular P365 grip would have just been a hair too short for my taste.
    You can easily buy and swap out grip frames and or slides for different carry alternatives. It takes only seconds to swap a grip frame.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You can easily buy and swap out grip frames and or slides for different carry alternatives. It takes only seconds to swap a grip frame.
    I got the Wilson combat frame. Basically the same length, but it doesn't have the rear bump like the stock x grip.
    94c23f7cd49defa3b8c4ed1055ff94ee.jpg

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Just my opinion... it's worth what you paid for it... not sure I'd feel comfortable carrying a .22 caliber for self defense.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Thinking about considering working on possibly leaning toward a

SMITH & WESSON Model 351 C 22​

but, I want to cast a net for feedback before sending $650+ to KYGuns for one …
    Answer #1 - The M351 is an excellent revolver , and the C variant is indeed an enclosed hammer DAO " Centennial " style .

Answer #2 - The real question is about .22WMR from 2in bbl as a primary SD weapon for a non handicapped person .

( I am outspoken in liking .22WMR , albeit from a full size bbl . Out of 5- ish inch bbl , the W-W 40gr jhp chrono's 1400 fps from one of my revolvers . 1300-1400 fps will be a semi- serious ctg .

But from 2in ( & shorter) the ballistics are on par with a 4 inch .22lr .

The .22WMR needs 4 inch or longer bbl to be worthwhile . )

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    I already have a couple of decent carry automatic but I would love to have a snubby revolver in 357 Magnum. Shrouded hammer but not DA only. Something small that can be easily concealed in a pocket like in a hoodie. I haven't purchased the handgun in Maryland since the hql went into effect and I don't own any revolvers currently. I'm going to have to do some research
    You might look into the Kimber K6S. It is a great size, 6-shot .357, and comes in various configurations and lengths (hammer, no hammer, DA only, DASA,etc.). I have one and it is a great shooting gun.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Threw down cash for a g43xmos today. Now I've got a week to decide if I want a green swampfox sentinel sitting low, or something in the holosun k series, but needing to use a plate. Also narrowing in on what holster for appendix. Tulster oath looks interesting. And lastly... I'll need to track down some s15 mags.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Threw down cash for a g43xmos today. Now I've got a week to decide if I want a green swampfox sentinel sitting low, or something in the holosun k series, but needing to use a plate. Also narrowing in on what holster for appendix. Tulster oath looks interesting. And lastly... I'll need to track down some s15 mags.
    You don't need a plate for a 507K X2

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I thought I needed this...

Did the x2 version toss some holes on the underside for the anchor posts on the slide?
    The Holosun 507K is for a RMSc cutout, same as the 43X. The 507C requires the plate.

All this still confuses me but I just ordered one for a G48 mos.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    The Holosun 507K is for a RMSc cutout, same as the 43X. The 507C requires the plate.

All this still confuses me but I just ordered one for a G48 mos.
    Screenshot_20220809-222657_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-222712_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Looks like you'll need that mounting plate I posted, or you'll need to file off the rear lugs and shorten the front lugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom