Md Attorneys say Martin case show strength of state's law!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    That is traffic violation worthy!

Omg, now that you remind me, I could have stopped them! Their windows were covered in the stuff, obstructing their view (literally AND figuratively speaking). Too bad I was on my way to dispatch a deer fumbling around the roadway after it got hit, terrorizing the motoring public.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    interesting sidenote...whenever anti-gunners say it'll be like the OK corral if people get the right to carry it's important to remember what that actually was. The OK corral was LEO's getting in to a gunfight with armed citizens that refused to be disarmed in accordance with an anti-gun ordinance. If they were legally allowed to have their arms, there would be no gunfight at the OK corral. In reality, banning the carry of arms for self defense is what makes things like the OK corral possible.

Unbiased data, like the recent cdc report, actually shows a reduction in violent crime in places where law abiding citizens can lawfully carry arms for their own defense.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    Here's what pisses me off he didn't use stand your ground because he didn't have to if this were MD same would apply he couldn't retreat he was being held down and beaten by Martin therefor the part of the duty to retreat law that says you have a duty to retreat "if your able" would come up I would bet Zimmerman was not able as he was getting beat.

And don't your love how Frosh says this wouldn't happen in MD cause of the G&S part of our CCW yet doesn't talk about how instead we would have a dead Zimmerman and Martin would get some plea deal for killing Zimmerman with the cement cause in MD they only go after the law abiding. And how can you say free state and require G&S in the same quote.

Sorry for my rant just pisses me off

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Posted a comment. So far there are only 5 all saying what BS the Politians are shoveling. mine is posted by DB.

Sirsly

Apr 11, 2011
    Charles County
    Zimmerman followed him and when the dispatcher told him to turn around he did and started to go back to his car. Martin then followed Zimmerman and proceeded to attack him despite that he had stopped following him.

********.. this is not what happened. if you are going to debate this, at least have enough IQ to get the facts straight. Otherwise leave it alone.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    interesting sidenote...whenever anti-gunners say it'll be like the OK corral if people get the right to carry it's important to remember what that actually was. The OK corral was LEO's getting in to a gunfight with armed citizens that refused to be disarmed in accordance with an anti-gun ordinance. If they were legally allowed to have their arms, there would be no gunfight at the OK corral. In reality, banning the carry of arms for self defense is what makes things like the OK corral possible.

Unbiased data, like the recent cdc report, actually shows a reduction in violent crime in places where law abiding citizens can lawfully carry arms for their own defense.

Chicago and Baltimore have more shootings per year than any old west town. So, if it was like the Wild West, we would have Less Shootings.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Chicago and Baltimore have more shootings per year than any old west town. So, if it was like the Wild West, we would have Less Shootings.

Thank God none of the shootings were defensible based on "stand your ground" laws. Can you imagine what would happen if people could defend themselves? It's unconscionable.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Thank God none of the shootings were defensible based on "stand your ground" laws. Can you imagine what would happen if people could defend themselves? It's unconscionable.

This is exactly why we DO NOT have Shall Issue in Maryland. If you were to shoot and kill one of the Convicted Felons that walk the streets of our Cities the full power of the law would come down on YOU!

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    ********.. this is not what happened. if you are going to debate this, at least have enough IQ to get the facts straight. Otherwise leave it alone.

It seems that the evidence in the criminal case presented that aquitted Zimmerman says that YOU are wrong.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The statistics from Illinois starting next year, with the new carry law implemented, will be quite interesting.

I will never forget the floor session, where the Dems used commonality with other states ( and employment practices) to institute fingerprinting, but rejected the same argument when it was brought forward regarding shall issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom