• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nicktide

Oct 23, 2012
    I havee been having a hard time getting any info on McClellans in Keadysville. Anybody been there. I am looking to join a club, I am tired of waiting for invites from friends but this is the only one that is close.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    I havee been having a hard time getting any info on McClellans in Keadysville. Anybody been there. I am looking to join a club, I am tired of waiting for invites from friends but this is the only one that is close.

Define "close" Nick.

I am not a member at McCellan's but am familiar. They have a very limited space/facilities. What are you looking for?

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Its right up the street from me. Mostly still target shotgun, I don't think they have capability for a centerfire range. The still target shoots are fun though. I joined Izaak Walton in Clear Spring for the ranges there, definitely worth it.

nicktide

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks guys. McClellans is 15 minutes south of my house. I have an application and sposor for Izaak walton, but that is 35 minutes away so that will cut down on my use. Would really like a place I can just stop in for 20 minutes or so and pop off a few rounds.

I am looking for a basic range for handguns and rifle. Wouldn't mind trying skeet, but that is optional.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Ask Around. Lots of guys shoot but don't hit a range. I put 5000 rounds down range last weekend. routinely shoot daily. Where do you live?

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010

I'm a member at McClellans. It's primarily a turkey shoot club. Shoots are mostly held on Friday nights @ 7pm. There is a small berm where you can shoot rifles or handguns, but at most you're only at 50 yds. They do have a trap field and trap machine.

Membership is limited to 50 but you dont need to be a member to participate in the Friday night shoots. I'm not sure what the fee is for the shoots. I've only been a member for a year, but from what I've seen the matches only run fall thru spring. The club has other events such as hunters safety classes.

There are no range officers, or regular business hours. Members just go shoot when you want. Members are expected to help out during events/shoots (4 per year) which is typically pulling/setting cards.

I primarly shoot handguns and the club is less than 10 minutes from my house so I go up there to practice and test my hand loads. I'm also a member at Peacemaker over in WVA but that's a long drive to test a few handloads.

If it sounds like something you would be interested in or you want more info send me a PM. I'm not sure if membership is full right now, but I can get you an application.

nicktide

Oct 23, 2012
    Thanks everyone,

I am in Boonsboro. I need a rifle range that is bigger than 50. 100 yards would be fine for me since I mostly shoot non scoped. 5000 rounds is way more than I ever do. Most of what I have are WWII era bolt actions. Just got a 1933 Mosin Nagent that I can't wait to test out. Luckily I have cheap tastes. LOL. I do have an AK and a 9mm, I just enjoy the bolts more and I love their history.

Seems like the only 2 that offer what I want are Izaak Walton and North American. N.A. is $160 plus initiation. I really dont need the club house and bar so I don't want to pay for it so it looks like I am going with Izaak Walton.

Thanks everyone,

I am in Boonsboro. I need a rifle range that is bigger than 50. 100 yards would be fine for me since I mostly shoot non scoped. 5000 rounds is way more than I ever do. Most of what I have are WWII era bolt actions. Just got a 1933 Mosin Nagent that I can't wait to test out. Luckily I have cheap tastes. LOL. I do have an AK and a 9mm, I just enjoy the bolts more and I love their history.

Seems like the only 2 that offer what I want are Izaak Walton and North American. N.A. is $160 plus initiation. I really dont need the club house and bar so I don't want to pay for it so it looks like I am going with Izaak Walton.

I'm in Funkstown and I belong to the Waynesboro Fish & Game, $30 a year, the range has covered shooting positions good benches, 25, 50, 100 and 200 ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom