• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As expected. The biggie would have allowed active duty military and honorably discharged military members to apply for a CCW. Old enough to carry a gun in defense of your country but not for yourself or your family.

This is the reason GA won't recognize a VA CHP.

Unfortunately there are not enough votes in the Senate for an override

This guy is detestable.

http://wtkr.com/2017/02/21/gov-mcau...aled-handgun-permits-switchblades-tebow-bill/

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    well vets and military are certainly allowed to get VA CCW's just like everyone else. what this tried to do was allow those under 21 to also get them. seems only fair that if we're trusting them with guns over "there" (and btw they're risking their friggin lives and livelihoods for us) we should trust them with guns here as well. but i guess our Gov doesn't think so. how do you tell some soldier that got his leg and/or arm blown off over there that we don't trust him to carry here?

i don't know what the open carry age limit is, maybe those under 21 can do that?

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Probably a side topic, but I think that we as a country need to define what age makes one an adult. If it's 18 then it should come with all of the perks and responsibilities of adulthood... if it's 21, then we shouldn't make "children" eligible for the draft.... I have no idea where 26 comes into play (i.e. snowflakes that can stay on mom and dad's insurance)

IMHO, 18 is the correct age for adulthood. Serve in the military, full firearms rights, ability to consume alcohol legally, and FULL RESPONSIBILITIES for one's own actions. But that's just me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    like this

Attachments

• steaming pile.jpg
      steaming pile.jpg
      7.7 KB · Views: 313

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I rarely say you should judge on appearances but in his case the guy even just looks so obviously sleazy people should know he is trouble.

My concerns about this bill are in no way a reflection of my respect and support for the brave young men and women who serve our nation in uniform,”
    - Jane Fonda would be proud. Sounds like her talking about supporting "our boys" (her words) while schmoozing the North Vietnamese.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Soldiers may be disabled from combat injury, possibly less able to defend self. Could have greater need for CCW as less able to defend or flee.

Another move by government to disarm potential victims.

I'd like to see how that bill does if it was directed to those awarded a purple heart or along those lines.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I rarely say you should judge on appearances but in his case the guy even just looks so obviously sleazy people should know he is trouble.

he sent out an email blast a while back on crime and included language on buying guns over the internet, of course implying that anyone can buy a gun amazon-like and have it shipped to them. i emailed him calling him out on this but just got some robot reply actually THANKING me for supporting his stance. yes that steampile above represents my thoughts on him. what kind of elitist prick would go against his house and senate to disallow younger vets to protect themselves like the rest of us virginians?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    His days are numbered ...

While he 'delivered' the Commonwealth for The HildeBeast, she lost nationally, so he gets no plum Federal appointment. All of his pre-election gyrations to give voting rights to felons, manipulate the voting maps, and generally encourage voter fraud by NoVa illegals was full-frontal. Even with VA Senator Tim Kaine on the ballot, she only won by 200K votes which Fairfax and Loudon Counties handily delivered.

All he can do now is further hack off potential downstate voters who sat out in November by vetoing these and other bills, and hope that he wins his gerrymandering suit against VA's Republican stronghold districts ... part of which is why AG Herring wanted to join forces with AG Frosh to 'combine' the two suits. It's a win/win for both.

While McAwful's gun bill vetoes piss them off, VA firearm owners (especially VCDL) can no longer afford to be single issue voters. McAwful is a political sleazeball of the lowest order, who has always done the Clinton's bidding in hope of an unjust reward. The more he is linked to their crooked enterprise, along with their brand of pandering to fringe groups, identity issues, and voter manipulation the better chance he will be defeated.

Attachments

• Terry-McAuliffee.jpeg
      Terry-McAuliffee.jpeg
      22.3 KB · Views: 158

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The more he is linked to their crooked enterprise, along with their brand of pandering to fringe groups, identity issues, and voter manipulation the better chance he will be defeated.

VA law prohibits consecutive terms of Govenors

thank God

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I missed that 'fine' point ...

VA law prohibits consecutive terms of Govenors

thank God

So who will the DNC prop up as his replacement ? I have no doubt McAwful will hand-pick a trusted lieutenant like Mark Herring. Everything I stated above still applies, just change the names to protect the guilty.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think the worst part of that election was the fact that the Republican Party abandoned the candidate running for governor. You can't just bail on the guy running, especially when the opponent is as sleazy as McAwful.

NOVA1

Aug 18, 2013
    Both Tom periello (former one-term Congressmen) and Ralph Northam (current Lt. Governor) are running for the Dem nomination in this year's gubernatorial race. Neither are very good for gun rights. I expect Northam will probably win the nomination since the Dem. establishment is solidly behind him but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom