• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    This may not be the place for this post, but if you could, then get plenty of pics of the people using AR15's and their copies/variants. We could use the pictures to show people that the "evil, military assault weapon" is not only a hunter's tool, but also competitive shooters' choice.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    There will be another Groundhog Shoot on February 2, in Punxsutawney, PA. Of course there is only one Groundhog making an appearance and you have to be fast because he is up just long enough to see his shadow. :innocent0

He looks like this:

Attachments

• groundhog.jpg
      groundhog.jpg
      14.2 KB · Views: 225

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    thats pretty cool, but i'll have to get better first!!!! i'm ashamed to say my rifle is better than me!!! great gun, but i just got it two weeks ago and have only had the time and place to shoot it once to dial it in at 100 yards.

madmattmd

Aug 17, 2006
    The Frozen North
    “Getting better” is part of the fun of these shoots.

We had a novice show up with a .300 magnum (“I LOVE recoil!”). By the end of the day, he was shooting better than the folks giving him advice!

It is fun to see a “professional” check out the folks we call “old retired farmers” and decide he wants to shoot in the stock class so he doesn’t have to compete with them.

It’s a very good natured group and a great time at the range.

I hope to see some forum members come out this year.

Take care,
    Matt

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Factory Field Class - Any factory rifle except Remington 40-X, Coopers, Dakota Arms, and Sako. No firearms chambered for PPC or BR cartridges. Stock Barrel and trigger must be original factory and bedding can be done. Original factory triggers can be tuned. Scope limited to no more than 24X. Field class shoots off bench with the aid of bi-pod only!! NO REAR BAGS!

Factory Limited Class - All factory guns must have factory barrel and stock. After market triggers, front rest and rear bag are allowed. No PPC or BR in this class.

Unlimited Class - Any firearm under 17.5lbs. 50 caliber and higher are not allowed on the range.

Looking over the rules it doesn't look like there are classes for semi auto's

Is this a bolt gun only thing??? Or am I reading this wrong?

I would love to attend one (or more) shoots, but I'm afraid I am lacking in the bolt gun department. I have a great little scoped AR that would be a lot of fun at this though.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Looking over the rules it doesn't look like there are classes for semi auto's

Is this a bolt gun only thing??? Or am I reading this wrong?

I would love to attend one (or more) shoots, but I'm afraid I am lacking in the bolt gun department. I have a great little scoped AR that would be a lot of fun at this though.

This statement would lead me to believe that the action does not matter:

Bolts must be removed at all times until given the instruction to install bolts by the Range Master. Immediately upon completing a relay, bolts must be removed prior to removing the firearm from the firing line. If the bolt can not be removed, or there action is without a bolt, the action must be open and an open bolt indicator must be installed in accordance with this rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom