• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    As has been said many times before, MSP is not our friend. They are doing whatever they can to prevent MDers from getting guns and permits.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    I was under the impression that expunged meant removed..so how is MSP seeing them?

Right...

The video explains that. She says expungement removes it from public record. The courts and the police do not have to remove their records.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    The video explains that. She says expungement removes it from public record. The courts and the police do not have to remove their records.
    Right and wrong. The expungement law says it sealed and the only way to be able to access it is a court order from the court that granted the expungement.

See the thread in concealed carry forum here for more thoughts.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Right and wrong. The expungement law says it sealed and the only way to be able to access it is a court order from the court that granted the expungement.

See the thread in concealed carry forum here for more thoughts.

That's not what the video says. It specifically says the court and the police are under no obligation to destroy their records so they can use them even if they have been expunged. I am more inclined to believe the lady in the video than a thread on MDS. Either way I have no skin in the game and was just regurgitating what she said in the video.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    That's not what the video says. It specifically says the court and the police are under no obligation to destroy their records so they can use them even if they have been expunged. I am more inclined to believe the lady in the video than a thread on MDS. Either way I have no skin in the game and was just regurgitating what she said in the video.
    Every expungement I’ve handled for clients came with an order from the court ordering the court clerk to destroy the records, the CJIS destroy their records, as well as the arresting agency to destroy their records.

Something is not right here. I’m not going to get into arguing with anyone, but every expungement I’ve handled required the police to destroy the records.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Your right, the video says one thing, the law in maryland that I linked says something else.

I would tend to believe the law, not some lawyer. Esp some lawyer advertising their services. Lets see, oh mrs lawyer I have this problem and i saw your video. Mrs lawyers reply, sure we can try to take care of it for $xxxx.xx, no refunds.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Oh also the video says try to get a pardon. Pardons in maryland are very very rare, like most governors grant less than 100 over 8 years in office.

Then they are also suggesting you try to get a case set aside. once again very very rare in maryland and its only normally done if you can prove there was something wrong with the case. aka your constitutional rights where violated. Again how would you go about doing this...Oh mrs lawyer...how much is this going to cost. Mrs lawyer, well its only $xxxx.xx and no refunds.

BTW they will never tell your its very rare for either, because then you wont pay em.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Oh also the video says try to get a pardon. Pardons in maryland are very very rare, like most governors grant less than 100 over 8 years in office.

Then they are also suggesting you try to get a case set aside. once again very very rare in maryland and its only normally done if you can prove there was something wrong with the case. aka your constitutional rights where violated. Again how would you go about doing this...Oh mrs lawyer...how much is this going to cost. Mrs lawyer, well its only $xxxx.xx and no refunds.

BTW they will never tell your its very rare for either, because then you wont pay em.

That's fair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom