• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am going to make a trip to Ohio in a couple of months. What do I need if I want to buy a rifle from the CMP store? Do I just bring the paperwork for the eligibility requirements or do I need an order form that's notarized?

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I am going to make a trip to Ohio in a couple of months. What do I need if I want to buy a rifle from the CMP store? Do I just bring the paperwork for the eligibility requirements or do I need an order form that's notarized?
    I did it with no issues.
    You have to have all of the documents ready to go and copies of you membership cards, clubs, etc…

I had them ship my rifles home for free and the ammo.

Call ahead to see what they have available in the store. There was a very limited selection when I went. If I wasn’t in the area already, it would not have been worth the trip. Also you have to pay Ohio Sales tax so it will end up costing you more.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I did it with no issues.
    You have to have all of the documents ready to go and copies of you membership cards, clubs, etc…

I had them ship my rifles home for free and the ammo.

Call ahead to see what they have available in the store. There was a very limited selection when I went. If I wasn’t in the area already, it would not have been worth the trip. Also you have to pay Ohio Sales tax so it will end up costing you more.
    I will only be in the area for a certain timeframe; either they have something or they won't.

firemanyz

MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Check out the CMP forums and there is a listing for the north store. Sometimes people post updates as to the inventory. Also remember the selection will be better over the summer as they hold the Nation matches there in July I believe. But I recall either last year or the year before they only opened the store to participants.

As to paperwork, if you fill out everything in advance it will speed up your process. When I just went to the south store I did everything with the exception of the notary as they do that onsite. So I would assume the north store does the same.

Good luck and however long you plan to be in the store, I’d say you will spend twice as long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom