• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weix11

Jun 10, 2013
    Hello,

I just recently completed the Maryland Firearms Safety Certificate. It says at the end that I have to mail it to the Maryland Police Training Commission, but when I downloaded the pdf and read it, it says that due to a recent rule change, they no longer require the form to be mailed back to the agency. Could anyone please clarify if this is the case, do I need to mail the top half of the certificate back to the police training commission?

Thanks

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    no need to mail... since that training will be obsolete/voided when the new law comes oct.1.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    If you want to buy a regulated firearm between now and 1 OCT, the FFL will want the certificate number off of it to put on your 77R form unless you have other training qualifications like LEO or Military

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    If you want to buy a regulated firearm between now and 1 OCT, the FFL will want the certificate number off of it to put on your 77R form unless you have other training qualifications like LEO or Military

or dnr hunter safety certificate after 2002.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Since I have purchased a MD regulated handgun in the past, I do not need the new training, do I?

no.. but still need the license though.. aka.. finger printed and fee.. unless you are current or retired leo or military.

Feb 28, 2013

...Which the MSP will check against the certificates that have been mailed in to them. I think that's how it works anyway. That's why I said mail it anyhow. :)

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    ...Which the MSP will check against the certificates that have been mailed in to them. I think that's how it works anyway. That's why I said mail it anyhow. :)

NO, NO, NO. The MSP web site is very specific in that they do NOT want the certificates mailed to them anymore. It says so right on the certificate when you print it out they no longer require it to be mailed. You are to retain it for your records. But my daughter just went through this. Thee FFL needed to know the certificate number. When the cert prints out, I'm sure the MSP has a way to cross check the number against the name from their web site.

Feb 28, 2013
    NO, NO, NO. The MSP web site is very specific in that they do NOT want the certificates mailed to them anymore. As I recall, it says so right on the certificate when you print it out.

Really?

I haven't looked at it in 6 months so you may be right. I'd just hate to see folks have a deal go south because of a detail like that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    March or earlier. I did it in March and it already said not to mail in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom