• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    But when you file a suit is when the standing problem rears its ugly head. If standing is challenged by the defendants and that challenge is upheld, that decision would have to be appealed, dragging out timeline and cost before any hearings on issues could even start.

Yes, it would be abuse of process. But remember who we're talking about.
    How can you not have standing? They denied you a civil right? They can drag it out, but it's not a good idea.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    As do mine, they all should.

*****Same. I feel it is a very important component of the class and we get a lot of discussion and questions after showing some of the videos and scenarios. I teach in MoCo at one of our local ranges here and our area in general is very anti-gun. The amount of BGOS many of our local students have is not surprising and showing multiple videos and scenarios along with several examples of what can and has gone wrong hopefully gets people thinking a bit more critically about MOI (Means, Opportunity, Intent), and when a shoot is justifiable versus questionable versus a just a bad shoot.

Thinking about bystanders, backstops, as well as the type of ammunition and penetration potential/lethality, IWB/OWB, cover garments, low light conditions and its effect on identifying a target, etc... Seeing how others responded in a high stress environment as well as what they did well and not so well I think really helps a lot of students process a bit better and hopefully makes them more cognizant of what is justifiable as a shoot versus not.

Anyway, a good instructor has to somewhat teach to the average level of knowledge about firearms in the class, and can hopefully identify those that need additional help and teach in a way that the less proficient can at least be brought up to a level where they are safer and more responsible CCW people with a better handle on when to shoot/not shoot.

The influx of people we have coming in now will make things perhaps a bit tougher on the instructors as many may not be "gun" people, nor have much if any experience with firearms in general, but wish to exercise their constitutional right to carry and defend themselves with a firearm should God forbid there being reason to.

Best to avoid conflict, and GTFO out of a situation that might require drawing on someone or shooting someone if at all possible, but be ready to do what needs to be done if left with no other choice.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Anyway, a good instructor has to somewhat teach to the average level of knowledge about firearms in the class, and can hopefully identify those that need additional help and teach in a way that the less proficient can at least be brought up to a level where they are safer and more responsible CCW people with a better handle on when to shoot/not shoot.
    Yeah my instructor basically stopped talking to me to help the others out with more one on one for the others. I even helped one guy when we where doing the class room malfunction clearing stuff, as he was having a problem. The instructor was running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everyone set up.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    90+60+90 = 240 days / 8 months

Long time for formalities to exercise an enumerated right.
    here is the code and a quote from the laws

Maryland Code, Public Safety § 5-312​

(2) A person whose application for a permit or renewal of a permit is not acted on by the Secretary within 90 days after submitting the application to the Secretary may request a hearing before the Office of Administrative Hearings by filing a written request with the Secretary and the Office of Administrative Hearings.
    (b)(1) Within 60 days after the receipt of a request under subsection (a) of this section from the applicant or the holder of the permit, the Office of Administrative Hearings shall schedule and conduct a de novo hearing on the matter, at which witness testimony and other evidence may be provided.
    (2) Within 90 days after the conclusion of the last hearing on the matter, the Office of Administrative Hearings shall issue a finding of facts and a decision.
    (3) A party that is aggrieved by the decision of the Office of Administrative Hearings may appeal the decision to the circuit court.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Ugh. That creates a potential problem with attacking process issues beyond G&S via lawsuit. IIRC courts usually don't consider plaintiffs in regulatory cases to have standing until all avenues of administrative appeal have been exhausted. And that could drag on for months to years before a court is willing to take on a case with standing originating from a timeliness issue. Yeah, yeah, BGOS.....
    Maybe, but like I said up thread. If you have applied, have the 16 hours of training, and a spotless record, it will be virtually impossible for them to prosecute you for carrying without proper documentation after Bruen. No judge will throw you in jail because the state cant issue a piece of paper in time**.

**btw I predict HGP cards will become paper very soon, like the HQL.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I'm doing my first renewal (current expires in October). Do I fill application out like its the first time I'm applying for a license? Providing references, business info, etc?

JohnMD1022

Jun 26, 2019
    Maryland
    It's incredible how expensive this process is when you add up the application fee, fingerprints, training requirement. Good argument to be made that these fees are requirements are similar to poll taxes back in the day. Discriminatory against lower income residents for sure.
    I have been saying this for years.

And I expect the General Asylum to leave these requirements in place until a Court rules them to be an infringement.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Might be the wrong thread but here I go… I have a question on concealed carry. I’m a man of larger carriage. I am trying out various holsters and positions for carrying. One question I had was that once I have the permit, when I’m driving, I would be able to “mount” my carry gun say under the steering wheel or on the console for comfort vs keeping it shoved in my waist. That would be perfectly legal correct? I know they make magnets and various mounts for this option. Just trying to think of all possible options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Might be the wrong thread but here I go… I have a question on concealed carry. I’m a man of larger carriage. I am trying out various holsters and positions for carrying. One question I had was that once I have the permit, when I’m driving, I would be able to “mount” my carry gun say under the steering wheel or on the console for comfort vs keeping it shoved in my waist. That would be perfectly legal correct? I know they make magnets and various mounts for this option. Just trying to think of all possible options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not the svelte strip of dashing gristle I once was. I carry IWB at 3-4 o’clock. Never a problem while driving. Think about how many variables you’re introducing when you swap out gun location as you get in and out of the car. You increase the odds of bobbling it, of Karen seeing you gun up in the parking lot and making a 911 MWAG call, etc.

All depends what you’re carrying and wearing, but I feel no urge to swap around at the vehicle, and no discomfort.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    But you failed elementary English?
    d91.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads