Maryland bill will allow lawsuits against gun industry, but gun tax hike fails.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    It's yet another bloomburg promoted and lobbied piece of legislation that will do nothing and waste a bunch of time and money on frivolous suits. .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And they still managed to not make stealing a gun a felony. Dipsh*ts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    On a related note,PA sc just heard a case similar to this, and the discussion was if the PLCAA protected against these kinds of cases

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Unf'nbelievable, isn't it?!!!

Not like it’s new, a version of that bill has been introduced for years and they still won’t pass it because too many people that would be arrested for it are the wrong color (it would be racist) according to the MGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    This is obviously a way to bleed out the industry. Hopefully every handgun manufacturer except Rohm RG Industries tells Maryland they wont sell firearms to Maryland Police departments. Same with all ammo companies.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    This is obviously a way to bleed out the industry. Hopefully every handgun manufacturer except Rohm RG Industries tells Maryland they wont sell firearms to Maryland Police departments. Same with all ammo companies.
    The almighty dollar is more powerful than principles. Can a gov sales contract exempt the company from the law or limit damages?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    On a related note,PA sc just heard a case similar to this, and the discussion was if the PLCAA protected against these kinds of cases
    100% it does. This law goes against the PLCAA national law, and is therefore moot.

If I were a gun manufacturer that gets sued by MD, I wouldn't even show up for court.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    100% it does. This law goes against the PLCAA national law, and is therefore moot.

If I were a gun manufacturer that gets sued by MD, I wouldn't even show up for court.
    You’d lose by default there unfortunately. You’d still have to play the game. Look at the Remington/Bushmaster lawsuit.

If you can convince a dozen people that the advertising was reckless, bad news for you.

Even if you can win in the end, many of the orgs running that stuff have no funds once they are done using the victims to go after gun companies and gun stores.

States have a lot more money, but there has yet to be one of these cases that has run through SCOTUS to uphold PLCAA and recover damages from the state for the sued company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom