• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    After a two year hiatus, the Maryland Arms Collector’s Baltimore “Antique” Arms show is coming back. For those that have never attended before, the show is usually massive and size is comparable to one of the Nation’s shows in Dulles.

It’s at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium in the Cow Palace.

March 19th and 20th, 2022.

Admission is $10 daily. If you’re a member of MACA, you get in for free.

http://www.baltimoreshow.com/

The show states “Antique” but most Curio and Relic long guns are welcome. The show is just not geared towards “modern” firearms like AR’s and AK’s.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Thanks for the reminder on that one!

Youngest and I went back when, he got sick so we have to leave early but he still talks about it and wants to go back. Keep having to explain to him that it doesn't come around often like many other shows.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I've been going to this show since 1972 when it was at the 5th Regiment Armory in Baltimore and have a table now selling some guns that we bought back then.
    It's sad though how old the guys are now and so few young people are there. There's people from all over the world who come with $$$. Serious gun guys who travel and will $pend $pend $pend.
    There is so much to see, many of the guys are bored and willing to talk to anyone. If you go through this show in an hour or two you've cheated yourself. We used to go both days all day.
    I hope they have it. They're advertising the B'More show on TV which is the weekend after. We sent in our money for tables but they could still cancel.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Cool. Missed the show the last couple years. This and the Easton Show are the only Maryland shows I have cared to attend for the last several years.

I have bought several post 1898 C&R long guns at this show in the past. I hope the new long gun laws don't adversely impact the sales at this show this year. It shouldn't....but out of state guys might be funny about selling to Maryland residents even those with an 03 although the law seems to exempt long gun transactions involving C&R if both seller and buyer have their 03. For Dealers, I guess a NICS check will be done by most which is OK I guess. We'll see whats going on.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    What Cool Stuff Did You See At This Show

The one fellow next to my table was from London, on the other side, they were from Florida. One was an ex-NY detective and his table partner had made a few appearances on American Pickers. He had a Gatling gun in a crate on the floor in front of his table. He said it was an old repro only worth about $20K. He was negotiating for an original at $50K.
    I've watched guys buying something, counting the money on the table. I rough counted stacks of $100 bills, 5, 10, 15,20...!
    Always some original Henry rifles,(assault rifle) rough shape $35K and priceless engraved ones. Tables full of Colt SAA pre 1898 with providence. Rifles with ivory stocks and gold inlays that belong to Kings. Lots of Winchesters and Marlins.
    It's as much a history show as it is a gun show. Knives, swords, lots of military from the civil war on up through WWII, Korea.
    One guy collected "odd stuff". He had burglar alarms and rigged chests that when you opened the door it would shoot the unsuspecting, gun traps where you put a piece of meat on the hook and when a coyote would grab it the gun would shoot it in the face.
    No jerky or cases of ammo, jewelry, rocks, gutter guards, just a quality show.
    If you went with a few thousand in your pocket you could buy something nice or 5 or 10 of some things nice or wish you had more money for something.

Busa

Jul 22, 2012
    So. MD
    Went to this show about 10 years ago and there was a lot to see. Probably was the last time I was at any show. I do remember when it was at the armory, always enjoyed going there. I think I will go to this one for old times' sake!

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Crazy question but does this show usually have any C&R guns in the affordable range? Meaning “regular” guns from WW1 and 2? Stuff that an average collector like myself could afford as opposed to just big boy guns. With 3 kids and a wife my budget is somewhat more limited than I would like, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I am so in, that I'm giddy waiting for it. I've passed up items at some other gun shows thinking I'll wait for MACA and have sold some modern stuff over the past year to increase the "gun kitty".
    With the change in person to person long gun transfer law in MD, I expect some of the non dealers to look for C&R holders to buy from them.
    If you don't have your C&R and you think you may go to this show, do your application ASAP so it might come in time.

Crazy question but does this show usually have any C&R guns in the affordable range? Meaning “regular” guns from WW1 and 2? Stuff that an average collector like myself could afford as opposed to just big boy guns. With 3 kids and a wife my budget is somewhat more limited than I would like, lol.

Traditionally YES!
    Don't expect the prices to be any less than say what you see at the Nations Gun show, but you will likely have more choices and I've found you should ALWAYS try to bargain for a lower price.

Keep your eyes pealed, if you have never been, your likely to see a Lemat Revolver or two. Not likely affordable, but you will remember when you see one cause they are rare.
    This show is worth going even if you don't plan to by anything.

The most expensive stuff I"ve purchased (Springfield 1863 rifles) were at this show.

Some people bring stuff not for sale, just to show them off and talk about them. Artillery pieces for example.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    yes, this show will have normal rifles from WW1 & WW2 but no handguns as I think the pistol/revolver rule is no post 1898. Prices are often high but so is condition. There are bargains to be found, especially if you know what you are looking for and at. This and the Waterfowl Festival show are my two must go to shows. Usually the Virginia Collectors show is the following week in Manassas, the show that used to be at Hugos Roller Rink back in the day.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    There are a decent amount of C&R long guns there. Not as many as antique firearms, but still a decent amount.

If anyone is interested in joining MACA, let me know. I’m one of the board members. We’re looking for new members.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    what is involved in joining MACA?

To explain it in simple terms, basically attend a meeting, introduce yourself, get acquainted with the club and pay $40 for a yearly membership.

As a member, you can attend every monthly meeting, which are basically miniature swap meets/gun shows with snacks and beer, and an interesting presentation.

You also get to get into the MACA show on Friday during set up, and attend for free on Saturday and Sunday. They also have a yearly all you can eat crab feast and BBQ that is included.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Great to see this show back, although I wouldn't think we can count on anything for sure at this point with covid infections sky rocketing. Anyway, I have attended and had tables at the MACA show in the past and it is an awesome experience. Had a great time selling at this show and people have pockets full of cash! Guy at the table next to me a few years back sold a Colt SA Army for $6000! After some negotiating the buyer pulled out a wad and counted out $6000 on the table. Made me want to sell mine but just can't part with them yet.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    YES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh Yeah! Plenty of affordable stuff, regular guns and deals. I've never seen any black guns though. This is where collecting gets inspiration and gets started. The downer on this stuff is the old timers bought or got this stuff for nothing, found it, inherited it or robbed a widow. Keep that in mind when negotiating.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is the one gun show that I consider a "must go". Everything else has the same old 1911/Glock/Clone-of-Glock/AR/AK stuff. This show has the exotics. Bring money. Bring more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom