• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I’m going to be looking for a rear hand guard for my Ross Mark II. I expect zero results but who knows at this show. I’ve seen all sorts of stuff there.

I could also be persuaded to part with the Ross if the Right M1917 or 1903 was involved…

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Well, I'm happy. I walked the whole show looking for a good flintlock for hunting. Most were very high dollar custom or military rifles, as advertised. At the very end I circled to the beginning and rediscovered a rifle I had forgotten about on Row A, and ended up buying this .50 cal Dixie Gun Works Mountain Rifle from a very nice gentleman whose name I regrettably did not get. It needs a good oil rubdown but the bore is excellent and it sparks nicely. It's also a lefty, but that doesn't bother me a bit. Between the gun and admission I was out the door for less than $400. Just seeing all the awesome antique guns is worth the admission. There are ww1-ww2 rifles there, mostly '03s, Garlands, and Lee Enfield's, but also a table full of Swiss rifles. Some were crazy high, others I was pleasantly surprised. I saw a guy buy a nice No.4 for $375.

Attachments

• PXL_20230318_155024118.jpg
      PXL_20230318_155024118.jpg
      823.2 KB · Views: 84
    Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Worth a shot...does anyone know if dogs are allowed in? If I go tomorrow I'm going to need to be out all day and I don't have a sitter.
    I saw a dog in the show Friday. I wasn't crowded though; just folks setting up and MACA members.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Stupid question… is carry allowed at the show (or at the fairgrounds)? Also, is it better to come in off of timonium rd or the side road by the dealership? I plan to park at 7am if that’s possible. Would like to be very close to first in line for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't ask, don't tell.

Concealed means concealed.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Found my 50-70
    It was loaded with BP and NOT cheap.
    No empty cases to be had
    One vender had it and sold this morning

Saw some Enfield 1853 muskets but bores were not in the condition that I wanted

I still feel the civil war guns were priced high and not priced to sell. Most of the guns I saw people walk off with were milsurps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yesterday at the show set up I picked up an über rare Ottoman Contract Peabody Martini in mint condition for what I considered to be a bargain.

Also grabbed a Swiss made Martini Schützen rifle.

This morning I went back and bought an 1840’s Swiss Stützer rifle and a neato French made Powder Horn.

One of the best shows I’ve had there.

tjiann

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2022
    AACo
    Well, I had an awesome time at the show. Got there early and spent the day trying to see everything, but primarily focused on the civil war and other BP guns. It's like a museum. Came home with a real nice 5th Model Burnside Carbine (which was my primary goal today), which I scored in the first aisle early. Glad I did, because it was the nicest of all of them at the show, and by far the best price. I got a lot of folks/dealers asking to buy it from me as I carried it around all day. Already have it apart for inspection and cleaning.

I also came away with an 1861 Springfield at a great price under a grand. Very nice condition, all original barrel and lock parts with matching serial numbers with just a replacement forestock and bands. Bore bright with good rifling.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I dropped my guns off to Dave from Lodgewood, and got a P38 holster from 1963 for $15 and some percussion caps...nothing screamed out to me today.....tomorrow it might, though.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I’m happy! Got a belt with accessories, a field bag, and some culture/language guides. All to compliment my recently acquired CMP M1911A1 rack grade.

65E5BEA2-28F9-4CF1-8538-4997303A94AB.jpeg

joro55

MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2022
    Towson, MD
    I went to check it out earlier. I'm not an antique collector but it was cool to see some old stuff. Stunk in there... not sure if they use it for livestock as well. Smelled like butt and French fries in there. $15 cash only admission

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Pretty good show. Picked up a Remington rolling block and a couple of old revolvers. Figured that I might find a .410 sxs, only saw 2, one in the 6k range one in the 9k range. Passed. Daughter came with me and she had a good time hanging with dad.
    It was nice to meet you today.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I went to check it out earlier. I'm not an antique collector but it was cool to see some old stuff. Stunk in there... not sure if they use it for livestock as well. Smelled like butt and French fries in there. $15 cash only admission
    LoL you realize it was held in a building called "Cow Palace"... ROFL.... Got anything else to whine about?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I found a cleaning rod for my 1871 Vetterli and a nice period nylon sling for the Hydramatic. Plus I spent the day with a lifelong friend, so it was excellent all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom