• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    I believe the current # for that part is 5075220. So they added a zero. It would be nice if someone had one in stock.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I think it's like we talked about last night: nada until Marlin gets their act together and make some more. Hopefully there will be some overruns from production right now (making guns for Xmas) and parts will enter pipeline in late winter or spring. Looks like it's time to periodically bug them and otherwise keep an eye on auction site for used. Now if only they weren't so expensive on the auction sites.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Why would Marlin make parts for a gun that has been out of production that long?

I seriously doubt they will be making long inner mag tubes ... ever

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    Why would Marlin make parts for a gun that has been out of production that long?

I seriously doubt they will be making long inner mag tubes ... ever
    Because they've sold 12 million of them over the past 50 years, and I would bet that many are still in use, and those that aren't in use, could probably be put back into service if there was a consistent supply of parts available.

Wound up paying $45 for a used tube off of ebay that was in excellent condition. Most of the tubes on ebay go for this much(give or take $5-$10). I can assure you that most people, myself included would much rather pay this amount for a new tube instead of one that's used, even if the used tube is in good shape. And when you're talking about a part that should cost $5 at the most to produce, that's a nice bit of profit to be made.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The next question would be how many per year do you think they would sell?

I bet they would not be interested if it were less than 5,000 or so per year.

They'd rather sell you a new gun for $125

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    I definitely understand your logic but sometimes a new gun isn't an option, and other times it is, and in that case, people may just get something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom