• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Saw this on RimfireCentral a little while ago.

Quote:

I asked Ruger about if they planned on bringing back the Marlin 39 A. Here is the reply :

"We are now in the process of setting up production of new, Ruger-made, Marlin-branded firearms and anticipate bringing these products to market in late 2021. Initially, we will be focused on the Model 1894, Model 1895 and Model 336 lever-action rifles, but our plans are to bring back the entire line-up over time. We ask that you please bear with us during this process, and rest assured we are committed to producing Marlin firearms with the same quality and attention to detail that is a hallmark of Ruger. We are confident the resulting product will be something you will be proud to enjoy moving forward."

Seems to me the entire lineup would include the 39A.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    I hope they don't charge the 3grand Marlin was for them...because that'll discontinue them again just as fast. I have one from 1946; wonderful gun.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If they’re going to try to recoup their tool up costs in the first few years of production they can keep em. Sorry but I’m not spending upwards of $500 for a rimfire, same as I find their 45/70 at $1,300. MSRP to high too. I’ll spend $$$ on something to keep my but alive, but not so much for a recreational piece.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    "We are now in the process of setting up production of new, Ruger-made, Marlin-branded firearms and anticipate bringing these products to market in late 2021.“

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have a sad story - the tale of two Marlin 39As.

My Dad was a gun nut well before his folks ever allowed him to have any of his own. When he was old enough he saved his money and bought a Marlin 39A, and he shot the ever-loving snot out of it - so much so that he actually wore it out to the point where it was no longer really useable - it no longer locked up correctly and the backend of cartridges would blow out and blow hot gas back in your face. So he bought another one, and that's the rifle that I used when I was growing up. IIRC, both of these rifles predated the micro-groove rifling.

Fast forward to 2008. It's 11 years after my Dad passed in 1997, and my Mom had an auction for all of my Dad's gun stuff, to include the guns. We would be allowed to have certain guns, but we had to bid on them at auction to establish value for later settlement of my Mom's estate upon her future passing. My sister's husband was all gaga over the Marlins - that's what he wanted, and so because I was already taking a fair number of guns from that collection, I conceded to let them bid on the good 39A. I knew which was which, and told them which one to bid on.

When it came to that point in the auction, they got confused about which one was which and didn't bid at all. I realized just a touch too late what was going on and before I could bid to make sure it didn't get lost, the auctioneer called, "SOLD to you for XXX dollars!" to some other buyer.

To say I was pissed is a bit of an understatement because had I known they were going to muck it up and not get it, I'd have made sure I got it - it was MY rifle when I was growing up - the ONLY reason I conceded in the first place was because my idiot BIL made a fuss about wanting it.

I keep looking for another one from the same general era, but it's like trying to find hen's teeth or unicorns. The last one I saw was at the gun show in Chantilly, and that was years ago. People don't like to let their Marlin lever 22s go, and especially not ones from the late 40s/early 50s.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Trickg, not sure if you’ve seen it but, on page 488 of “consignment guns” United has one in there shop pics. Not sure of vintage but scope looks older than the ones that often came with Marlin 22’s from the mid 70’s. Good luck in your quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom