• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    I just started getting into Marlins not too long ago and recently found out about the 1895MR model. I have the M version and was wondering if its worth it to try and find the M versions bigger brother?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I just started getting into Marlins not too long ago and recently found out about the 1895MR model. I have the M version and was wondering if its worth it to try and find the M versions bigger brother?

Never heard of it. What makes it special

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    Very low production - less than 1500 were made IIRC - has 22 in barrel as opposed to 18.5 for the M version.
    Both in the now extinct .450 Marlin caliber (for Marlin/Remington). I think Browning and Winchester still make 450 rifles. Hornady is still making ammo. Shouldn't be much more difficult to load than 45-70, with the brass, of course. Just interested in possibly adding another "maverick" to the collection.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Very low production - less than 1500 were made IIRC - has 22 in barrel as opposed to 18.5 for the M version.
    Both in the now extinct .450 Marlin caliber (for Marlin/Remington). I think Browning and Winchester still make 450 rifles. Hornady is still making ammo. Shouldn't be much more difficult to load than 45-70, with the brass, of course. Just interested in possibly adding another "maverick" to the collection.

Ya it shouldnt be a hard load, the question I guess is still what does it get you. I have been thinking of picking up a 450 marlin for sometime but just havent givent I can load 45-70 pretty hot for my 1895G.

CraZ4GunZ

Dec 12, 2008
    HoCo
    more marlins

The Marlin addiction has really started to kick in for me now. More research on these guns turned up the 308MX and 338MX. I am considering the 308MX as another addition. Ammo still seems to be available @ Bass Pro in both cals until I can get enough brass to reload. Comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom