• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Tyler Firearms is proud to announce that we are a MantisX Training System stocking dealer. MantisX is a revolutionary patent-pending handgun attachment that helps firearms enthusiasts and professionals train more efficiently. While attached to a handgun, it analyzes every shot and generates actionable data you can use to improve your shooting mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we8o1WPx_c0

We currently have 10 in stock and ready for you to start being a better shooter today. Mobile apps for Android and iPhone.

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    We had one of the engineers come by today and give us a demo. I'm quite impressed with how it works and the data it gives you. The quality of the manufacturing is good, too.

You can use it on air guns or real guns up to 50 AE (only because they don't have a larger caliber handgun). Any gun with a rail will work.

They're working on setting it up for rifles, too.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Do you think they would work for an AR pistol?

I'd like to see the algorithm used to make it work, I bet it could be programmed to work with any kind of gun. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see this kind of thing assisting other sports, like golf.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    What's the name of the person with the company that you met today, I'm curious if I'm meeting the same guy?

Shooting_004-256x300.jpg

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Do you think they would work for an AR pistol?

I'd like to see the algorithm used to make it work, I bet it could be programmed to work with any kind of gun. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see this kind of thing assisting other sports, like golf.

It should work on any gun with a rail. Derek did say it won't work upside down yet. If you put it on a bottom rail, your fine. It won't work yet if it's 90 degrees to the ground.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I am thinking about purchasing one of these... anyone here used this before?..Is it worth $160?.. eat batteries..etc,etc?

I have one and really like it. I watched myself improve over the course of a few mags as I corrected myself based on its corrective prompts the first time using it.

Is it worth the money? If you plan on using it a lot yourself and for friends & family then yes I think it is.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    I have had one since last September. I think it is a great product. I especially like it for dry fire practice. You can make slight changes to your grip or technique and immediately see the results. They have updated the software several times at no additional cost to the user. The new drills they added help keep the practice fresh.

SteveG75

Feb 25, 2013
    Escaped to gunny FL.
    Wife got me one for Christmas and I like it for dry-fire practice. I was also considering using it during a basic pistol class with students but haven't had the chance to do that yet.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    We've had this for several months. If you have trigger problems it's a great tool. Really like the Lasr software system for actual target acquirition.
    '

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Chuck et al., would you consider offering dry-fire training for folks using this tool? I'd totally sign up for a few sessions to perfect using the tool, getting an initial evaluation and instruction for improvement, and follow-up evaluations following, say, a week's worth of practice. I'd do this for handgun, AR, and shotgun...

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Chuck et al., would you consider offering dry-fire training for folks using this tool? I'd totally sign up for a few sessions to perfect using the tool, getting an initial evaluation and instruction for improvement, and follow-up evaluations following, say, a week's worth of practice. I'd do this for handgun, AR, and shotgun...

Let me see what I can come up with. It shouldn’t be a problem. We can help you adjust your shooting style with live fire, as well.

Thanks,
    Chuck

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Let me see what I can come up with. It shouldn’t be a problem. We can help you adjust your shooting style with live fire, as well.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Many thanks! I'm really interested in better techniques and performance through local instruction, followed up with practice and professional evaluation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom