• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    My only issue is sometimes when I backpack carry, I just drop it on the floor when I get home and forget about it. Then later that day I have an "OH SHIT!" moment looking for the pistol and it's in the bag.
    Do you stick to the same (one) gun for various methods of carry or do have others you carry as well?

I plan to buy duplicates of my G19 when budget allows so I can have multiples of the same gun in various carry methods without having to remove the gun from a pack/bag. Not sure if that's a sound plan though.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do you stick to the same (one) gun for various methods of carry or do have others you carry as well?

I plan to buy duplicates of my G19 when budget allows so I can have multiples of the same gun in various carry methods without having to remove the gun.l from a pack/bag. Not sure if that's a sound plan though.
    I think that's a great plan.

I've been swapping between my 365xl and a compact 320 I put together. Sometimes and a S&W 457 lol I'm all over the place really. I'm a terrible poster boy for "Stick to 1 gun and master it" mantra :)
    I haven't carried my pack anywhere other than Starbucks, since I sit there most mornings for an hour or 2. Depends on how bad my hip is feeling that day. I'm consistently inconsistent.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    So, back to the thread title - anybody have suggestions on smaller shoulder sling/satchel type manpurses for pistol carry? The Maxpedition OP started with is a pretty big one. I do often use my manbag for carrying around wallet, phone, etc., so this general idea is good for me. But where to start... Oh, this is gonna be like buying holsters, ain't it?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, back to the thread title - anybody have suggestions on smaller shoulder sling/satchel type manpurses for pistol carry? The Maxpedition OP started with is a pretty big one. I do often use my manbag for carrying around wallet, phone, etc., so this general idea is good for me. But where to start... Oh, this is gonna be like buying holsters, ain't it?
    I like this Patagonia Atom 8l fly fishing sling bag when I use a sling.
    Mike Glover uses one. Skip to 8:30

n
    8liter.jpg

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Am I the only one seeing more of these recently? I saw two today both in a Chick Fil A. One guy looked like a man purse kinda guy, a nicely dressed black guy maybe African. The other one was a 20 something gangbanger Hispanic wearing a mask who definitely didn't look like the man purse type. He literally looked like he was ready to whammy burger the entire place.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    You may have to try multiple options to find one that fits your needs.

Maxpedition has smaller versions of what I use.

There are small ones like this one below:

Amazon product ASIN B0786CHXZ2
    The cheaply made bags probably won't last long with constant use though.

Gun shops should be carrying items like this to allow people to test and try on the bag options.

Last edited:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    You may have to try multiple options to find one that fits your needs.

Maxpedition has smaller versions of what I use.

There are small ones like this one below:

Amazon product ASIN B0786CHXZ2
    The cheaply made bags probably won't last long with constant use though.

Gun shops should be carrying items like this to allow people to test and try on the bag options.
    Yup. I trying to sort through the smaller bags to find brands that seem a bit more legit than "COOENIUENOTFAKEFACTORY" that Amazon is so littered with. Anyone heard of Wolf, Falco maybe?

There are also a number of sites mostly aimed at women who want decent offbody carry options. They seem to be small businesses, quality-focused, and all make a few bags that really are fine for men or women. Non-genderspecific, and not cheap. Maybe one of those for more business casual days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom