• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You don't think tactical bags with tactical loops everywhere makes you a target? 'Screams shoot me first in my mind or at least gear queer w possible concealed. Maybe its just because I'm xmilitary...Honest question by the way!

This post has been commented upon several times , as it opens the door to multiple concerns . To address the larger issues :

No . Yes. Maybe. Sometimes. It depends .

IF you normal daily wear is Brooks Brothers suits , and more than 50% of people you encounter daily likewise , yeah you're constrained.

But most regular people are still " normal " with one item or accessory of outdoorsy / tactical/ mil nature , usually 1.5 . Because such things are various combinations of comfortable / useful/ durable/ inexpensive .

Head to toe tacti- cool raises eyebrows . 5.11 trousers with the funky back pockets are a neon sign by themselves screaming soft clothes Fed .

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Good topic. In anticipation of my HGP being approved soon, I just ordered a Blackhawk fanny pack. Years ago when I was a cop, I had one that I used because it was easy to just grab and throw on while running errands no matter what I was wearing. It was just convenient. I don’t think it was actually Blackhawk branded (I don’t remember them being around in the late 90’s).

But I digress. I was going to add something to the with some color to help make It less “tactical”. But that being said, those of us in the know(I.e. LEOs, other CCW carriers) can quickly recognize someone printing or if that Murse or Fanny pack is really just concealing a gun. Even more so now that we have moved to Shall Issue in Maryland. Like Clandestine said, it would be nice to find a place that would allow drawing and shooting from off body carry options.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    No offense meant, but by that argument, then everyone that has a backpack of some sort with tactical loops on them would be a target. I would like people who subscribe to this idea to start posting examples of where this has actually caused the person to be the first person shot in any incident.
    No offense taken! I just know tacticool loops on tacticool packs draw my eyes and I'm probably not the only one. I assume it's because I'm xmilitary. There are lots of xmil. That's all.
    Most people aren't observant and even less when so when stressed. People might not even notice. What do I know....

Walt_1911

Aug 16, 2022
    Earth
    No offense taken! I just know tacticool loops on tacticool packs draw my eyes and I'm probably not the only one. I assume it's because I'm xmilitary. There are lots of xmil. That's all.
    Most people aren't observant and even less when so when stressed. People might not even notice. What do I know....
    Nah you're not the only one. There's a crossbody/fanny pack bag on amazon I like but it's got the moral patch velcro on the front which kinda ruins the point of concealed for me

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Head to toe tacti- cool raises eyebrows . 5.11 trousers with the funky back pockets are a neon sign by themselves screaming soft clothes Fed .
    Oh no! I only discovered 5.11 pants a couple years ago in a local thrift shop, and suddenly I had a place for everything! Now I'm a target? Say it ain't so, Joe! I love my pants!

Fortunately I'm too old and moth-eaten to look threatening.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Oh no! I only discovered 5.11 pants a couple years ago in a local thrift shop, and suddenly I had a place for everything! Now I'm a target? Say it ain't so, Joe! I love my pants!

Fortunately I'm too old and moth-eaten to look threatening.
    Who gives a shit. Wear what you want. People overthink these things. I'm not a believer in the whole "shoot me first" concern. If you aren't in uniform of you aren't open carrying I doubt most people will wonder about your pants. They sell 5.11 at Bass pro. It's mainstream, or close enough to it.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Who gives a shit. Wear what you want. People overthink these things. I'm not a believer in the whole "shoot me first" concern. If you aren't in uniform of you aren't open carrying I doubt most people will wonder about your pants. They sell 5.11 at Bass pro. It's mainstream, or close enough to it.
    Yeah, I was sorta exaggerating for effect. Like I said, nobody's gonna mistake me for anything but an OFWG.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I never thought about it before, but I see the upside. Even if I kept the pistol on me, I can use the bag to lighten my load and carry spare mags, etc. I really don't like carrying extra magazines in waistband or pockets.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You're not the only one, but I don't take everyone that carries such an item as being former military or even being capable of being a threat to anyone planning to do something nafarious.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Just me. But I'm not a proponent of off body carry. To many potential points of failure. Not to mention the chance of theft or accidental loss is much greater..
    I'm not sure anyone is arguing that it is an ideal situation. It's a compromise. Life is full of them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just did my LEOSA qual yesterday. 2 of us out of 10 had jeans and a t shirt on. Everyone else had their range shwag on just to shoot 80 rounds. I can see if it was a day long training class out on the range, but literally 2 hours sitting in a classroom and 1 hour on the range.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have one of the below bags. I actually use it to carry my chrome book. Its a perfect size if you ask me, and it has a zippered pocket on the back.

It may not be super low key but no mollie, and with the flap cover seems more messengerish than gunish. It is over 2 years old and looks new.

man purse

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My only issue is sometimes when I backpack carry, I just drop it on the floor when I get home and forget about it. Then later that day I have an "OH SHIT!" moment looking for the pistol and it's in the bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom