• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    I need a to get a edc bag. Not something too large or small, but something I can put a folded AR pistol in, plus my other edc items. KJV, two g19/ AR mags, HT, small med kit then my typical daily food sack and water bottle+ various junk I end up with. I’ve never used a sling pack before but when I travel for work I always carry a small duffel bag which is essentially the same thing as a sling. Basically a edc goto work bag.

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    OK that is funny, pretty good photoshop I didn't catch that. :lol2:
    It's a huge waste of my time but it makes me laugh.

Here's another.
    reface-2021-11-18-06-31-07.jpg

Brychan

Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Very sturdy, military surplus I ordered from somewhere a few years back. At the time I really didn't have a purpose for it.
    Another thought might be a laptop case.

Chicken 1

I identify as King/Emperor
    Apr 24, 2022
    Montgomery county
    Ok, here it is, I threw my RIA commander sized 1911 (for some reason my favorite), in clip on holster in one of the side pockets.

View attachment 381022 View attachment 381023

You don't think tactical bags with tactical loops everywhere makes you a target? 'Screams shoot me first in my mind or at least gear queer w possible concealed. Maybe its just because I'm xmilitary...Honest question by the way!

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Aug 2, 2009
    The VersaPaks were all the rage when they came out, and well regarded at the time . They seem to be tactical / outdoorsy enough in appearance to usually not be mistaken for " European Shoulder Bags " .

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    The VersaPaks were all the rage when they came out, and well regarded at the time . They seem to be tactical / outdoorsy enough in appearance to usually not be mistaken for " European Shoulder Bags "
    I occasionally see hipster and hippy type people carrying tactical and military bags. They seem to be the outdoorsy ones.

Young people are using fanny packs too.

My original versipack is over 15 years in old and is still going strong. My 15 year old son carries it daily.

Muff Hucka

Jul 9, 2022
    Under your bed
    You don't think tactical bags with tactical loops everywhere makes you a target? 'Screams shoot me first in my mind or at least gear queer w possible concealed. Maybe its just because I'm xmilitary...Honest question by the way!
    I agree. Another aspect is that if a hoodlum is looking for a quick score (snatch and run), in this case they would not only have your bag but also your gun.

Huckleberry

Making Libs Cry Since '80
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn
    Before the Maxpedition rage that really caught on thanks to Jack Bauer on “24”, I used this during and after my Greensuit days.

5BB291DD-6700-453D-AA14-86027049CF03.jpeg
    Good ol’ fashion USGI Map Case aka the “F@g Bag” for Off Body carry when had my CCW.

Huckleberry

Making Libs Cry Since '80
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn
    Later on, I went with a Maxperdition Sitka Gearslinger.

I liked its’ size and how easy it was to transition from your back so you could have full access to all your battle rattle.
    0DDC0A55-FF3E-4BFB-850D-1357DD96F4E9.jpeg
    6414398D-6C00-486D-BEAE-F6E541D7752D.jpeg

Brychan

Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Like I said I never get a second look, it probably has a lot to do with since I retired I usually am wearing camo sweat pants, sleeveless camo tee, I'm old fat guy with glasses, and a gray beard. If I was younger and fit someone might think I could be a threat. If I was younger and not so fit they might think I'm a tacticool mall ninja. As it is I think most people just think I'm a rather peculiar old dude. Oh btw I like camo because we have two fawn pugs, and the hair for some reason doesn't stick as bad and when it does much less noticeable. So I guess for me its kinda grey man in plain sight.

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    I need a to get a edc bag. Not something too large or small, but something I can put a folded AR pistol in, plus my other edc items. KJV, two g19/ AR mags, HT, small med kit then my typical daily food sack and water bottle+ various junk I end up with. I’ve never used a sling pack before but when I travel for work I always carry a small duffel bag which is essentially the same thing as a sling. Basically a edc goto work bag.
    I have owned and used the Tuff Products Revelation Backpack for a few years now. It's been a great bag.

It has a hidden access for a 10.5" AR with folding stock and30 round magazine. The bottom and back is padded so when you sit it down it does not make metallic clunking sounds.

It's not tactical looking at all and allows me to carry my SBR AR or AR Pistol when I feel it's necessary without drawing attention.

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    Later on, I went with a Maxperdition Sitka Gearslinger.

I liked its’ size and how easy it was to transition from your back so you could have full access to all your battle rattle.
    View attachment 381028 View attachment 381027
    I owned on of those bags and I liked it.

Unfortunately my sling bag was stolen about 7 years ago. I came home from work not feeling well and I forgot to bring the bag in from my truck. Not only did I forget to bring in the bag, I also forgot to lock the truck.

Next morning the passenger door was open and only the bag was missing. They didn't take anything else in the truck.

clandestine

Oct 13, 2008
    Like I said I never get a second look, it probably has a lot to do with since I retired I usually am wearing camo sweat pants, sleeveless camo tee, I'm old fat guy with glasses, and a gray beard. If I was younger and fit someone might think I could be a threat. If I was younger and not so fit they might think I'm a tacticool mall ninja. As it is I think most people just think I'm a rather peculiar old dude. Oh btw I like camo because we have two fawn pugs, and the hair for some reason doesn't stick as bad and when it does much less noticeable. So I guess for me its kinda grey man in plain sight.
    All your reasons make sense to me.

I appreciate your contribution to the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    737ck

Latest threads

Top Bottom