• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • svana

NRA Life Member
    Dec 28, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    I've been trying to sift through some of the nonsense that is sb281 trying to get some clarification on what will and will not be kosher. If I understand it correctly, we will be allowed to transport our 20-30 rd mags around, correct? It's only the sale of 10+ rounds that's being eliminated if I'm understanding it correctly...

Also, I have an AR (non-HBAR) that I built from my lower (FL resident). It's got the evil "flash hider stab somebody in the eye with it because that's what they're used for" on the barrel, and collapsible (not folding) "scare the children because it isn't made of wood and moves" stock. Can that still be transported?

I will be living in VA come mid-Sept so ownership within the state isn't a problem, but I still think that I will be going to MSAR every once in a while. That being said, I wanted to dot my i's and cross my t's before it all goes down.

As always, I appreciate any insight on the matter.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I've been trying to sift through some of the nonsense that is sb281 trying to get some clarification on what will and will not be kosher. If I understand it correctly, we will be allowed to transport our 20-30 rd mags around, correct? It's only the sale of 10+ rounds that's being eliminated if I'm understanding it correctly...

Correct

Also, I have an AR (non-HBAR) that I built from my lower (FL resident). It's got the evil "flash hider stab somebody in the eye with it because that's what they're used for" on the barrel, and collapsible (not folding) "scare the children because it isn't made of wood and moves" stock. Can that still be transported?

Any firearm owned today can be transported after Oct 1. The "scary" features is only for selling copy cat firearms in the state of MD, nothing more.

I will be living in VA come mid-Sept so ownership within the state isn't a problem, but I still think that I will be going to MSAR every once in a while. That being said, I wanted to dot my i's and cross my t's before it all goes down.

Look like you are good to go, just be sure to follow federal and state (MD and VA) regulations when transporting from VA to MD to shoot.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Correct

Any firearm owned today can be transported after Oct 1. The "scary" features is only for selling copy cat firearms in the state of MD, nothing more.

Look like you are good to go, just be sure to follow federal and state (MD and VA) regulations when transporting from VA to MD to shoot.

We will miss you here in College Park (I live in the Berwyn neighborhood).

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Correct

We will miss you here in College Park (I live in the Berwyn neighborhood).

Quebec Place was our old pad - nice hood

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Quebec Place was our old pad - nice hood

You are thinking of the City of Berwyn Heights (14s 1st due). I live in the College Park neighborhood of Berwyn (11s 1st due, and behind 11 by 2 blocks).

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    You are thinking of the City of Berwyn Heights (14s 1st due). I live in the College Park neighborhood of Berwyn (11s 1st due, and behind 11 by 2 blocks).

Lived on 48th Ave just south of Hollywood in 11's 1st due for 2 years - nomads until we bought first house in BH. Nice area - convenient to everything, miss that sometimes.

BTW - thanks for your thoughts on the SB281 effects and the call to post in Spring at the next Legislative session - see you there!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Lived on 48th Ave just south of Hollywood in 11's 1st due for 2 years - nomads until we bought first house in BH. Nice area - convenient to everything, miss that sometimes.

BTW - thanks for your thoughts on the SB281 effects and the call to post in Spring at the next Legislative session - see you there!

We like the neighborhood, we've been here for 14 years now.

Look forward to seeing you in Annapolis again, if not before.

Ragtopman

Feb 22, 2013
    Waldorf MD
    Collapsable/adjustable stocks are not considered the same as folding stocks, and not considered a feature that counts against copy cat firearms

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom