Made my first C&R purchase last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crudmucosa

Dec 28, 2009
    Woodlawn
    ...and I'm sure it won't be my last. Got my C&R license a few weeks back and found a decent deal on a Chinese Type 56 SKS. I loved my old Romanian SKS, so I'm pleased to be able to purchase one again easily thanks to the magic of the C&R license.

I'm eyeing some more delicious Mosin-Nagants to keep the one I got from yellowsled company. I'd really like to get an M44. Opinions?

--Crudmucosa

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Congrats on C&R buy.
    Take out a line of credit now while you still can. LOL

It is nice being able to have the big brown truck deliver guns to your door.

crudmucosa

Dec 28, 2009
    Woodlawn
    Congrats on C&R buy.
    Take out a line of credit now while you still can. LOL

It is nice being able to have the big brown truck deliver guns to your door.

Hah! I'm sure I can just take out a second mortgage on the house...

When the UPS folks roll up, I assume I have to be there to sign for it? Do they ever just leave boxes of guns on one's porch?

--Crudmucosa

peckman28

Aug 27, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Hah! I'm sure I can just take out a second mortgage on the house...

When the UPS folks roll up, I assume I have to be there to sign for it? Do they ever just leave boxes of guns on one's porch?

--Crudmucosa

If they do it's because they did it wrong. You'll have to sign for it.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Sign up for 'My UPS" and you get a heads up when your shipment is coming. I usually have it held at the UPS depot for pick up on my way home from work.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have myups too. Great service.

I would definitely pick up a few t-53 as the prices are real good on them now. Keep an eye open for a m44, but definitely get the Chinese first.

crudmucosa

Dec 28, 2009
    Woodlawn
    How long did it take you to get your C&R after you submitted the application? Can anyone who can legally own a firearm get a C&R?

Took me about 3 weeks. Paperwork is pretty easy and the cost is very reasonable ($30 for 3 years).

For good C&R info, start here if you've not already done so:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14616

The forms can be downloaded here:
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

There are lots of great posts on this and other sites talking about the ins and outs of obtaining the license and what you can do with it once you have it. The short version is, if you can legally purchase a gun in this state, you should have absolutely no problem getting a C&R license.

Good luck and happy shopping!

--Crudmucosa

Dave T

Took me about 3 weeks. Paperwork is pretty easy and the cost is very reasonable ($30 for 3 years).

For good C&R info, start here if you've not already done so:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14616

The forms can be downloaded here:
    http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5310-16-notice.html

There are lots of great posts on this and other sites talking about the ins and outs of obtaining the license and what you can do with it once you have it. The short version is, if you can legally purchase a gun in this state, you should have absolutely no problem getting a C&R license.

Good luck and happy shopping!

--Crudmucosa

Thanks for the info. I know a lot of folks are kicking themselves for not having applied for their DC letter sooner. Anyone applying for that today won't receive it until right about Oct 1 - the date that will live in infamy. I assume though that the C&R has the same amount of benefit both before and after Oct 1 (I would assume it's a safe bet you can't purchase any regulated firearms with it).

I'll check out the links you provided. I'm sure I'll find some answers there.

DennisCA

...and I'm sure it won't be my last. Got my C&R license a few weeks back and found a decent deal on a Chinese Type 56 SKS. I loved my old Romanian SKS, so I'm pleased to be able to purchase one again easily thanks to the magic of the C&R license.

I'm eyeing some more delicious Mosin-Nagants to keep the one I got from yellowsled company. I'd really like to get an M44. Opinions?

--Crudmucosa

Your NEXT purchase should def be a M44, here's something to wet your appetite:
    polishm44overview.jpg

1953 Polish M44
    Yes it kicks like a angry mule, but you gotta love the fireballs!
    (it also scares the crap out of people that are shooting next to you - a bonus!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom