• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Looks great, who's receiver did you use? Did you purchase new rails and internals from AK Builder as well?

I sent one kit off to Mid County Guns for them to build and I have a kit at the house that I may try to build after the first of the year.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I used the AK-Builder center rivet, but utilized the Egyptian center support sleeve and the Egyptian rails. The egyptian rails needed some prep work before I could put them in, but they seem to not inhibit cycling with blanks.

I just pulled it out of the safe this morning, and I see that the others in lock up must've given it a welcome party last night. There are a few dings in the paint now. Those should touch up pretty easily -- a benefit of using the appliance epoxy. :D

Oh, range. Right. I'm going to try to hit up free state today and put a few boxes of yugo surplus though it. We'll see how it goes.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Just finished my build tonight, I realized how much I hate the stock. It cycles blanks with my blank adapter quite well, not over or under-gassed. I'm going to see if I can get out to the range tomorrow. Barrel is AK-Builder non-chrome lined, Arsenal FCG, US-made slant brake, everything else is from the parts kit, except the magazine, which has a us-made follower.

Manipulating the stock requires the use of the lever no matter which direction unlike the Romanian push button stocks, which are my all time favourite folding stocks due to rapid deployment.

Pics below.

nicely done sir!! I wish I had the tools and talent to build my own AK

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Lol, that's another forum that now calls me "pickles." Take another look at the screen name. :lol2:

If I wasn't at work I would post up a pick for the little asian guy from the goonies (data) with words that says why do you always contradict me??

Hahaha my bad!

Still it looks great I'm excited for your offical range report.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Here are some pics that will probably result in the neighbors calling the cops on me, if they're not watching the game. :lol2:

You can also see the "safe wear" on the left side, near the sling loop. It had a rough night in lock-up apparently. Please excuse the use of the incorrect sling.

Attachments

• DSC_0128_small.jpg
      DSC_0128_small.jpg
      91 KB · Views: 48
    • DSC_0127_small.jpg
      DSC_0127_small.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 47
    • DSC_0126_small.jpg
      DSC_0126_small.jpg
      106.5 KB · Views: 51

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    Here are some pics that will probably result in the neighbors calling the cops on me, if they're not watching the game. :lol2:

You can also see the "safe wear" on the left side, near the sling loop. It had a rough night in lock-up apparently. Please excuse the use of the incorrect sling.

Pickles it is :). Very nice piece. Can't wait for mine to be completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom