• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I went AGC (1st time) today with my Yugo M48 (1st time) and Springfield Mil Spec (1st time). Lotta 1st's today. Loved AGC really nice rang and very cool to see Gongs, Water Bottles and other various targets being shot at. Nice to see they will allow "fun targets". Where many clubs are strictly paper. Tomorrow i will post the Springfield Mil Sped range report. So as for the Yugo M48 I was impressed by it's weight and very good bolt & receiver. Solidly made gun, just ask my arms. I shot a total of 25 rounds. The first 15 to get use to the gun. Then put up second target on the 50 yard line with 10 shots left. I was shooting from the bench, aimed shots slow fire. I think I did pretty well but my eyes were having one of those senior days. It was tough putting the front sight post into the rear sight and the target was fuzzy at best. Next time I will wash eyes and add moisture drops and should be better. I used reloads Sellier & Bellot LR primer, Privi Brass, Speer 170gr Hot Core and 40.0gr of IMR 3031. Was a very pleasant load to fire not rough on the shoulder. In fact no soreness. Below are pics of the gun and today's target.

Attachments

• DSCF2188.jpg
      DSCF2188.jpg
      99.7 KB · Views: 150
    • DSCF2199.jpg
      DSCF2199.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 148

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Nice!

Those Mauser sights can really be hard on the eyes, but it looks like your elevation is good with that load, anyway. It's common for the old military rifles to shoot high.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    when I shot my first 15 shots I was going to the right. Then corrected that because I detected I was breathing during trigger pull. So after that I shot pretty true. On a good day I am thinking I can get 3-4 inch groups out of this gun.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Use an orange colored target next time and smoke the sights with a candle or a match so the sights glare less and the target pops compared to the sight.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Use an orange colored target next time and smoke the sights with a candle or a match so the sights glare less and the target pops compared to the sight.

Good idea I will have to try that. Although since today was overcast not a heck of alot of glare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom