• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    There was a conversation a few years ago (https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=206686) about Tenco/Lage/Norse Forge making rifle caliber uppers for the M10/M11 variants. I "believe" only the Lage M11 version is currently available and was wondering if anyone has a M10/M11 rifle caliber upper and would share their impression?

I'm on the waiting list for the Tenco 10-16 and the Lage MAX-10/15, but it seems like the ATF is really dragging their feet on these determination letters. I've been stock piling .223 for which ever one comes to market first :party29: and I'd even consider starting an x39 stockpile if that horse comes out of the gate first.. Am I getting overly excited for nothing? I enjoy my MAX-10/31 immensely, but have always wanted to move beyond the sub-gun without breaking the bank.

http://www.max-11.com/NewProducts.html

https://aandsconversions.com/2018/1...e-family-of-registered-receiver-machine-guns/

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?90156-A-Sad-Update-For-The-Tenko-10-16

https://norse-forge.com/product/fat_47-762x39-conversion-upper-receiver-awaiting-atf-determination/

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?89743-Norse-Forge-FAT_47-Upper-for-M10

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I have shot the M11/15. For the money, its the best around $10k 223 deal you can get. I was very happy to shoot it. Is it perfect, no, it still has a bit of the feel of the longer Max31 style uppers that make for a bit of a longer gun. It functioned 100%.

I would just wait it out. I would personally go with the Lage. Other companies have come and gone but Lage is still going. Sam at Practical Solutions is a good guy too but I would wait for the Lage.

those look ridiculous. Is a giggle switch rifle really worth it?

beauty is. in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Yes, because its always more important to look better than you perform! :rolleyes:

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I have shot the M11/15. For the money, its the best around $10k 223 deal you can get. I was very happy to shoot it. Is it perfect, no, it still has a bit of the feel of the longer Max31 style uppers that make for a bit of a longer gun. It functioned 100%.

I would just wait it out. I would personally go with the Lage. Other companies have come and gone but Lage is still going. Sam at Practical Solutions is a good guy too but I would wait for the Lage.

Thanks, that was my impression also, but it's always nice to have
    real hands-on feedback..

I was leaning towards the Tenco mostly because I have a much larger 300blk investment than .223. If there was confirmation that the M11-15 could use standard AR15 barrels, I could always convert it myself, just not as easily.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've shot the M11/15 also. It was very smooth and nice to shoot. I'm on the waiting list for one to fit the M11a1. It should be about 2" shorter than the M11/15 package.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    :

I've shot the M11/15 also. It was very smooth and nice to shoot. I'm on the waiting list for one to fit the M11a1. It should be about 2" shorter than the M11/15 package.

Good to hear your opinions. I'll be needing one, then.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I got the chance to attend the Big Sandy shoot last fall and got to shoot all three of the MAX15 uppers. Richard Lage is one of the coolest dudes out there. He answered all of my MAC questions and then some. The 11a1 was obviously the most compact of the bunch, but honestly all three shot very similarly to each other. Just for reference all three were set up with the full auto only triggers and the IRM option in case you are worried about having to drill to get them to work reliably. I think they are worth the price of admission for sure.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I was leaning towards the Tenco mostly because I have a much larger 300blk investment than .223. If there was confirmation that the M11-15 could use standard AR15 barrels, I could always convert it myself, just not as easily.

There have been a lot of people in this line of work. Where are they now... Lage has had lasting power unlike anyone else. His customer service is top notch. I highly suggest sticking with what has been proven over the years. Also any stock of ammo you have will be quick to shoot in FA. Pretty much no one shoots 300 blk on a regular basis with MGs. 223 is cheap and easy to find. Skip the 300 blk for regular shooting. It might be kind of cool here and there but even then... you will not shoot it much when you see that ever trigger pull is twice as expensive for little advantage.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    There have been a lot of people in this line of work. Where are they now... Lage has had lasting power unlike anyone else. His customer service is top notch. I highly suggest sticking with what has been proven over the years. Also any stock of ammo you have will be quick to shoot in FA. Pretty much no one shoots 300 blk on a regular basis with MGs. 223 is cheap and easy to find. Skip the 300 blk for regular shooting. It might be kind of cool here and there but even then... you will not shoot it much when you see that ever trigger pull is twice as expensive for little advantage.

I agree with everything you've said, but I have one situation (private range) where I have to shoot surpressed or not shoot. So if being able to switch to subsonic 300blk and my 30cal can keeps the fun going, I'm open to it. I have a 22cal can as well, but just can't get my .223 subs to cycle correctly :innocent0

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I agree with everything you've said, but I have one situation (private range) where I have to shoot surpressed or not shoot. So if being able to switch to subsonic 300blk and my 30cal can keeps the fun going, I'm open to it. I have a 22cal can as well, but just can't get my .223 subs to cycle correctly :innocent0

Ok, that makes more sense now. You can come down and shoot with us at the AGC. Its a bit of a trip but we don't have rules like that. Or maybe its time to find another range...

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Ok, that makes more sense now. You can come down and shoot with us at the AGC. Its a bit of a trip but we don't have rules like that. Or maybe its time to find another range...

Oh I have my own 160ac, 1mile range, but I have friends also with their own ranges.. :)

thanks for the offer

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Just received my Lage Max 11/15 IRM last week. Took it to Cindy's yesterday to run a few mags through and see how well it worked (gotta do that within the warranty period!). I already have their Max 11 MK2, which I am really happy with. Anyway, after firing a few rounds on semi to make sure all was well, I flipped the selector and let it rip. I started with 2 mags using 3 round bursts. That went really well. The upper did rise a bit, but nothing that couldn't be controlled. After that, I put a 20 rounder in and dumped the whole thing. The upper fired flawlessly. Needless to say, I'm a happy customer. Took it home, gave it a good cleaning, and put it to bed in the armory.

Plusses: Love multi-configuration platforms. I didn't spend $17K+ on a FA AR.
    Minuses: The OAL and weight distro did take a few seconds to get used to, but nothing that can't be overcome with a little practice. I run it with a fixed folding stock, so it is what it is. The upper profile is also a bit thin in circumference. I will have to get some of the M LOK rail covers to build it up and make the fit/feel a little better for my hand. I am also curious to see how well the latching recoil plate hook holds up. To me, that looks like the weakest point of the entire IRM configuration.

All in all, a pricey upper, but still cheaper than most of the 5.56 alternatives. Glad to have it as part of my collection.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the review. I’ve heard nothing but good things about the uppers. Gonna get one soon, I hope.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I'm still holding out hope that the Tenko will eventually get approved... I really really want to put a Shrike on my gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom